I have a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT and i just want to ask people some questions about it.

1. What genre do you think it is mainly used for?
2. Is this amp a good amp to use in a band practice?
3. Has anyone got any good 'soundings' to this amp for me?
4. Do you think this amp could be used for green day stuff, if so, why?

Cheers
1. classic rock
2. small band practise
3. yes theres a website i'll find if you do so desire
4. never tried but don't see why not
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by The_Bosstone

2) No, its only 15W. It won't be heard over a drummer unless you mic it.

I've played gigs with my MG. The VT can get over a drummer past 5-ish.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I've played gigs with my MG. The VT can get over a drummer past 5-ish.

I must have a ridiculous drummer, considering I need to put my AD30VT to 7 with the master all the way up on the back of the amp, especially since I've very mid-heavy. Jeez.
1) Like most modellers, it is designed to do any genre. It does work best for classic rock and lower gain stuff.
2) In a small room, you will be heard over drums, but it's too small for bigger venues.
3) Look at www.valvetronix.net
4) Sure. Question is: Why not?
Unless you can get the AD15VT at a steal of a price, i'd seriously consider the newer VT15 model, as it has more amps/effects and has a power attenuator at the back, making it better for bedroom practice or quiet playing.

I wouldn't expect to get over a drummer in most situations using anything less than a AD30VT/VT30, honestly. Unless he's a softy..=P
Quote by Purple_Tears156
I have a Vox Valvetronix AD15VT and i just want to ask people some questions about it.

1. What genre do you think it is mainly used for?
2. Is this amp a good amp to use in a band practice?
3. Has anyone got any good 'soundings' to this amp for me?
4. Do you think this amp could be used for green day stuff, if so, why?

Cheers

I have an AD50VT mate so:

1. Proably best a classic rock but can be used for numetal if eq'ed right.
2. Not with a 15w version mate, need a louder amp.
3. Aright I'll Give you a few of my favs:

*Model: Numetal
Treb - 7
Mid - 2
Bass - 8
Gain - 10

^^ Metallica!!!

*Model: UK Modern
Green Day
Treb - 10
Mid - 8
Bass - 5
Gain - Depends on the song

*Model: Tweed
Red Hot Chilis
Treble - 8
Mid - 3
Bass - 5

*Model: AC30
Gain - 10
Treble - 5
Mid - 7
Bass - 7
Clapton Tone - Think Sunshine Of Your Love

4. This amp is fine for green day. The UK Modern Setting is based on an early 90's JCM, just like Billy Joe Used. Just EQ it up and it should be fine/
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by yenners
Unless you can get the AD15VT at a steal of a price, i'd seriously consider the newer VT15 model, as it has more amps/effects and has a power attenuator at the back, making it better for bedroom practice or quiet playing.

I wouldn't expect to get over a drummer in most situations using anything less than a AD30VT/VT30, honestly. Unless he's a softy..=P

btw my VT has an attenuator at the back. quite frankly it sucks a lot of tone and the it sounds compressed, it doesnt sound as good as it does when you crank it on full.
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by yenners

btw my AD has an attenuator at the back. quite frankly it sucks a lot of tone and the it sounds compressed, it doesnt sound as good as it does when you crank it on full.
The gear:

* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by The_Bosstone
1) Well its a modeling amp so it will do a lot of genres decently. Its not mainly for any genre.

2) No, its only 15W. It won't be heard over a drummer unless you mic it.

3) I don't know what you mean by soundings...if you mean settings, try here: http://www.valvetronix.net/valvetronix/ad15,30,50,100-vt-vth/model_1_date_1.html

4) Yeah, it can. Just look on that website for settings ^

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i have a Behringer UM300 pedal, would that help?
its kinda powerful