I was jamming with my brother and sister last night, and I realized that my amp is simply not loud enough. So I decided that I am going to get a new amp, and get my school to reimburse me for it. However, I was practicing by myself today, and I realized, "Man, my guitar sucks! I can not live with this for much longer." I can't get a job until the 14th, and I only have enough left in my reimbursement fund for one of them, so what do you think I should get first?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Not enough information.

Also, I have a 30w that i can hear just fine over drums and where i jam im so close to the front of the drums that i can literally reach out and touch them. I dont think you need any more then 40w for a jam.
Last edited by Toker420 at Mar 2, 2009,
Dude a new guitar will not make you louder =P. If you need more volume I say save your pennies for an amp.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by Toker420
Not enough information.

Sums it all up right about there..
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
What kind of guitar do u have and what kind of amp??? If they both suck i think it'd be better to get an amp fisrt, it affects your tone much more and just like SkaJon said a guitar can't make you louder...
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
I wish i could jam with my sister. To bad shes busy listening to lil wayne
Are You Shpongled..?
Guys, there's a detailed list of my gear in my sig! What kind of info was I missing?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Quote by FretKiller
What kind of guitar do u have and what kind of amp??? If they both suck i think it'd be better to get an amp fisrt, it affects your tone much more and just like SkaJon said a guitar can't make you louder...

You've got a good point there bro.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Quote by gbgg9409
Guys, there's a detailed list of my gear in my sig! What kind of info was I missing?

I don't bother to read your signature, tell me anyways!
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
You can always use the funds to get a new guitar, and then trade in your 2 amps (if you aren't satisfied with them) and get an upgrade there as well. So you can have both.
deff amp. you're guitar isnt too bad. wut kind of music do u play and how much are you willing to spend?
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by awesomeness
I don't bother to read your signature, tell me anyways!

No.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Quote by Dragonblood21
You can always use the funds to get a new guitar, and then trade in your 2 amps (if you aren't satisfied with them) and get an upgrade there as well. So you can have both.

That's a very good idea. Although I'm not sure if the second would be worth much, but you've got an excellent idea.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Quote by a7xsteve
deff amp. you're guitar isnt too bad. wut kind of music do u play and how much are you willing to spend?

I already have an amp picked out. And yes, my guitar is that bad, because it's suffered through 7 years of on and off usage.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

So what amp did you pick? Honestly man I don't think Squiers are bad guitars, good mod platforms, and after a good setup it'll probably be fine. After you get your amp why don't you invest a few bucks in some pickups for the Strat? If you still like strats or teles I would look into Squier's Classic Vibe Series they are a hell of a deal but it's your money do what you want.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by SkaJon
So what amp did you pick? Honestly man I don't think Squiers are bad guitars, good mod platforms, and after a good setup it'll probably be fine. After you get your amp why don't you invest a few bucks in some pickups for the Strat? If you still like strats or teles I would look into Squier's Classic Vibe Series they are a hell of a deal but it's your money do what you want.

It's not the pickups, the sound is excellent. In fact, I love this guitar very much. It's just that I've been using it for ages, and it's a pain in the butt to keep in tune. And I've picked the Fender Frontman 212r. It's loud, cheap, and great with clean tones.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Quote by gbgg9409

Like, which guitar and amp were you using? Unless all of them suck
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
What did the Frontman cost you?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by yellowsnow4free
Like, which guitar and amp were you using? Unless all of them suck

I was using the Marshall, which is louder than my other amp but not very loud, and the Squier, which is a pain in the butt to keep in tune.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Quote by gbgg9409
I was using the Marshall, which is louder than my other amp but not very loud, and the Squier, which is a pain in the butt to keep in tune.

Tighten the screws on the ends of the tuners. (On the part that your fingers turn when you tune). Stretch your strings out good before you play.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
if its not too late, dont get fender frontman. cheap end amp. i've heard peavey vypyrs are pretty good for their price.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by a7xsteve
if its not too late, dont get fender frontman. cheap end amp. i've heard peavey vypyrs are pretty good for their price.

Thanks for the heads-up, man. I think I'm going to shoot for either a tube amp, or this really nice Kustom that I tried on sale at a music store one time.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

Amp...A new guitar through a bad amp wont do you any good(in volume especially). Schools pay for amps now? Maybe I should move out of the boondocks...
If it is attatched to an amp and doesnt go shred...what...what the hell is it?? Eww..
Quote by Merciless_Nasty
Amp...A new guitar through a bad amp wont do you any good(in volume especially). Schools pay for amps now? Maybe I should move out of the boondocks...

Well I'm on homeschooling, and I doubt regular schools pay for your stuff anymore.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.