I usually play metal or blues. I would like to spend under $600 on a new combo amp. Here's what I've narrowed my list down to, please let me know what you think.

- Bugera 333XL
- Traynor YCV50 Blue
- Crate V33
- Marshall MG 250 DFX (Are these as bad as everyone says)
- Mesa Boogie F-50

Thanks
The MG is indeed as bad as everyone says.

Your best options there are the Traynor or the F-50; the Traynor is just outside metal (can get there with an OD; very Marshally amp) and the Mesa can do it. The V33 is a good amp, provided you get a good speaker with it, but it has a vintage voicing. It can do metal with some mods though (Soldano SLO mod)

The Bugera would be a good choice as well, but they're known to blow up on people. Don't buy it unless you can afford to have a technician look at it first.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
MG = Do Not Want. They're actually worse than most people describe them as.

My recommendation would be the Traynor. A friend of mine plays his Tele through one and loves the tone; very Marshally, but I think even better clean tone.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
For metal, I would definitely choose either the Mesa or the Bugera. The Bugera has a great sound for such an inexpensive amp, but the 333 series is more prone to breakdowns than the 62 series.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
the 333 is a great amp, but get an EQ if you really want it to sound the best it can. I use mine with one and it sounds damn near a mark IV, if you didn't know it was a bugera, it could easily be mistaken, also the built in reverb is extremely nice. otherwise the mesa or the crate.
Go the bugera, but as I was once warned... Use beerchurch's guide about them, it'll help prevent it failing.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Hey mate,

Im a big metal - blues - old rock guitar player. Anything from John5-Lamb of god too B.B.King, Muddy waters, aerosmith and all that jazz.

I play on a Vox AD100, Loud as hell, 11 differnt pre-amps to customise (and they aint ****, well, maybe if you just slap them on with no tweeking but its all about the tweekin) and add effects too (including delay and compression with a tap button), or just go manual. Really good for switching between some brutal metal tune to sweet acoustic melodys or a classic ACDC tune.

I use 2 Dimazio Humbucklers (Air norton & tonezone) pickups on my guitar so that probably beefs up the sound when i hear it but if your guitars got a gd sound then the vox with compliment it.

Check out the series on Vox's website

http://www.voxamps.com/us/valvetronix/ad-series/

I bought mine for about £350 in england, i guess thats about $500-$600 amercian.

Deff worth a try if u see one in a shop. Either vox or mesa, cant go wrong.
“All war is deception.” - Sun Tzu
You guys are quick. I'm leaning towards the Bugera or the Crate. The Crate seems to have to few features and I'm sure I'd have to end up modifying it. I like having 2 12's also. I've never owned a tube amp so either one of these would be a cool change for me. I never push my amps too hard so I think the Bugera might fit the bill. Does anyone know how well they handle the blues alone?
f-50!

probably my favourite mesa for price to quality
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by VLgummo
You guys are quick. I'm leaning towards the Bugera or the Crate. The Crate seems to have to few features and I'm sure I'd have to end up modifying it. I like having 2 12's also. I've never owned a tube amp so either one of these would be a cool change for me. I never push my amps too hard so I think the Bugera might fit the bill. Does anyone know how well they handle the blues alone?

the Bugeras can do everything from Jazz- Metal shred. i have the 6262-212 that i keep in the studio for jamming a recording. its a damn nice amp for the price
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA