After searching ebay earlier for a wah, i log off because i didn't see any deals. Then, i log in again to check. The first thing i see is a crybaby for $20. I bid on it and theres 9 seconds left. $25 lol. awesome deal imo.

Share your stories of your great deals.
Managed to haggle a guitar down from £360 to £320, and get a free amp lead and gig bag. That was a good day
$600 on a barely used Gibson SG. Craigslist, and in a smaller town, girl didn't know very much about guitars.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
Got my Ampeg BA-115 through a friend for the employee discount of pretty much 70%, from 600 USD to 150 USD
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Pak wins just for beating the system.

As for me, no.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Got my 4 Celestion G12T-75 for 160. One of them costs something like 95€. That was an awesome deal
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Bought a dean Avalanche for £25 ($35-40), cleaned it up, took off the stickers, restringed it, sold it for £140 ($250ish). Win.

Also bought an Ibanez ART320 for £160, got bored of it and sold it for £240.

Bought a Line 6 Spider II (150 watt) for £125, had it for a year and a half and sold it for £180.

Win.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by food1010
Got my Ampeg BA-115 through a friend for the employee discount of pretty much 70%, from 600 USD to 150 USD

Damn... that's kool. I need a better bass amp. I'm running a Hartke 1x12 .

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
Was going to buy a VK 112 from a local store so they ordered one for me,
after about a month of waiting they realized that someone accidentally sold it.
So in return they gave me a VK Halfstack for 650 dollars; the same price as the VK 212.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I got my blues jr for 275, that about the best deal I've gotten.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Guitar teacher gave me an american crate V30 for free as a present for being with him for 5 years
hmmm...
I got a Fender Duo-Sonic for 150, but not much of a deal...

Oooh! I got a Gibson SG Standard from like '93 for $630.

and then... I may about to be getting something for a big deal if it goes through, but I don't know yet...

50$ for a American Strat, sans Neck.

bought a 22 fret Maple neck w/tuners two weeks later for 90$.

so, an American strat for 140$. i'd say that's pretty good.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
ive gotten tons of deals, my Carvin MTS 3200 for 375 bucks, my boss ce-2 green label for 5 bucks at a yard sale, my 4x12 randall cyclone cab for 200 bucks, my epiphone g400 deluxe for 200, the list goes on and on, most of my pedals are used and i never paid more then 40 bucks for any of them.
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Mesa Mk. IV for $1100...not spectacular.
Epi Joe Pass Emperor II w/Bigsby for $500...pretty good.

Free Blackberry? Hellz yeah.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Oh wait, I also got an MXR phase 90 for $30, a Boss NS-2 for $40, and a PS-5 for free! I also got an RC-20 for $100 which isn't bad either.

Quote by Zugunruhe

^about me
The first thing i see is a crybaby for $20. I bid on it and theres 9 seconds left. $25 lol. awesome deal imo.
I bought a Crybaby like new locally for $25. I hate it.

Pod X3 Live for $225.

and the best deal.....

A G&L S-500 Strat for $60 from a pawn shop back in the 80's. Didn't know how to play and put it in the closet until 3 years ago when I finally got serious about learning.
I got my Mesa combo used at GC for only $420. They are going on ebay right now for like $700-$800 used. I was pretty happy to see that.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 45 1x12
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS CE-2 Chorus
ISP Decimator
I bought my Fender Pro Jr. used for $60. The bass player for my first "band" showed up to practice with it and a broken Squier bass he'd just picked up at the pawn shop. He was going to return them both when he realized that the bass had bad electronics and they sold him a guitar amp, but I offered him $60 for the Pro Jr.
i bought my acoustic Fender DG-22s Ebony color with a hard shell case for $330 on ebay. The retail tag was still on the guitar and was listed at $500.

Bought a Blackheart Little Giant half-stack with new tubes, MXR Carbon Copy and Vox V847A Wah for $385($325 minus shipping). That was a good day when everything arrived.
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
i'm getting an RG560 with original edge and original wizard neck for 200. possibly lower cuz the neck has 2 cracks but the neck is perfectly fine to be honest

Last week, I almost got a Marshall JMP 50w for $150 at a pawn shop. the guy wouldn't take a deposit so i had to return the next day with full cash. unfortunately, he literally sold it about 15 minutes before i got there
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
i bought my xxx head for 400 usd....

yeah!
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Got a $900-$1000 guitar, for $700 brand new plus a free case (fairly good quality one too) to go with it. Not a bad deal imo.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Bought My RG1570 for £350, the store has now gone bust and the cheapest I can find them in the UK is £738
I recently bought a korg dtr1000, a furman mx8, a 4 space skb x rack, and a akg wms40 all for $150. I am selling the rack and furman for $100 and the wireless for $150... so I got paid $50 to have a $180 tuner.
Got my 30W Chrome Series Valvetronix off eBay for $90 with shipping. Bout the best I've done.

i got a Rane me-15 two channel rack eq for a starter pack epiphone tuner
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
a Washburn X40 pro with case for $280 on Craigslist. several months later, which strangely was the same guy, sold me a Maxon OD9 and Morley Bad Horsey II wah together for $150
Gear

Gibson Blueshawk
American Deluxe Telecaster
Washburn Pilsen Idol
Washburn Golden Harvest
Washburn Acoustic D-30

Koch Classictone 210
Pignose G40 V
Suprised this thread is still alive, lol. Anyways, I bought some decent cables off of ebay for $2.50 a piece.
I got my Danelectro French Toast for $20.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
2004 Gibson Les Paul Classic in very good condition with case for 800 bucks.

1980 Marshall 50w 1987 Head for 350 bucks. (although it was few years ago)
Last edited by Chetbango at Mar 17, 2009,