Ok I know that this is in the wrong forum, but you pitians are just the best
I've been trying to learn how to improvise and I've been learning the penatonic scales and stuff. I'm wondering when I'm playing a penatonic scale should I play the I IV V chords are the chords that are in the scale, for the rhythm? Such as in a G Major Penatonic scale would have G A B D E. I'm looking at The Raconteurs Salute Your Solution and that's what they do. When should I play I IV V and when should I play the chords that are in the penatonic scale? I know this is a noob question and if it doesn't make sense sorry.
Wouldn't it be great if pigs could fly?
The term is PITMONKEY or PITAPOTAMUS.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by JTROKS
Ok I know that this is in the wrong forum, but you pitians are just the best
I've been trying to learn how to improvise and I've been learning the penatonic scales and stuff. I'm wondering when I'm playing a penatonic scale should I play the I IV V chords are the chords that are in the scale, for the rhythm? Such as in a G Major Penatonic scale would have G A B D E. I'm looking at The Raconteurs Salute Your Solution and that's what they do. When should I play I IV V and when should I play the chords that are in the penatonic scale? I know this is a noob question and if it doesn't make sense sorry.

Get a teacher!
Quote by JTROKS
Ok I know that this is in the wrong forum

wudda ya expect. serious answors???
A I IV V progression wouldn't make sense with Pentatonic because you exclude the 4th note. At least I think that wouldn't be right. I honestly don't know.....stop mocking me.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
You called it "penatonic" every time.

And "I'm wondering when I'm playing a penatonic scale should I play the I IV V chords are the chords that are in the scale, for the rhythm?" is not a sentence and I do not know what it means.
Don't expect serious answers in the Pit. Take it to the Guitar forum, where at least people will take your question seriously.
Quote by Malakian88
You called it "penatonic" every time.

yeah i was thinking aswel.. penatonic.. penetronic.. penetrating... oh there goes my dirty mind again