Alright, so im not very knowledgeable on ESP/LTD guitars, I know in canada you find mostly the LTD versions, and I also know they are bitchin'. But I was cruising around on kijiji (which is basically another craigslist) and I saw an ad for an ESP (not ltd, seriously ESP on the headstock) Eclipse going for 500 CDN. I have yet to see an ESP in real life, Ive only seen LTDs, but 500?? it sounds very odd. Mainly due to the fact that the seller has stated MADE IN CHINA ESP ECLIPSE. Pardon my ignorance, but I have never really heard of ESPs made in china, except for low end ones. Here's 2 pics so you can see it.

Now I dont know if im just being retarded here and thinking that this is some sort of scam. But I just want to be informed, because for 500 it doesnt sound like a bad deal. If this is legit should I go for it? And if it is not legit, im obvs staying away, I would just like to know if im speculating incorrectly or not. Thanks. Sorry for the wall of text though.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Can you not go and view it for yourself? If you can and you like how it plays and the tone it gives and think it's worth $500 then why not buy it regardless of whether it's a proper ESP or not?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
I'm pretty sure all the actual esps are made in japan not china
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
That is a FAKE.

100% do not buy it.

The trussrod cover and inlays are certainly not real. AVOID

I'm 100% serious here.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I have an ESP standard series viper which is the lowest priced ESP guitar at around $1,500 and it was made in Japan so I would be a little wary if you're going for an actual ESP with this one
Quote by Chrisiphone
That is a FAKE.

100% do not buy it.

I'm 100% serious here.

I have to agree with this guy and I checked esps site they don't make the proper esps anywere but japan
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
I'm pretty sure all the actual esps are made in japan not china

yea, its a japanese company.
this is exactly what I thought when I read the sellers description. Because what I had understood was that ESPs were made in japan, and that China had a tendency to made fake guitars that looked very real, everyone here knows the sites, its just that I was very dumbfounded when I saw this ad. I have tried a number of LTDs at guitar shops and even the 400 series ones said made in china, but the ESP, from what I had heard were made in japan, I just wasnt sure.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
this thing looks totally fake, the headstock shape doesn't even look like mine?
looks alot like a knockoff, don't buy it, if anything post his email address on here to people can spam his ass with some hate Email! or better yet his phone number, or better yet, try contacting Esp about this copyright scam!
Quote by this&that
I have tried a number of LTDs at guitar shops and even the 400 series ones said made in china, but the ESP, from what I had heard were made in japan, I just wasnt sure.

from what i know the LTDs are made in korea, or at least mine is, maybe the 50 series is china?
Quote by munkyboy99
this thing looks totally fake, the headstock shape doesn't even look like mine?
looks alot like a knockoff, don't buy it, if anything post his email address on here to people can spam his ass with some hate Email! or better yet his phone number, or better yet, try contacting Esp about this copyright scam!

I totally agree with this! Contact ESP! They'll probably get in touch with you and maybe give you free merch or equipment as a thank you!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
That is a FAKE.

100% do not buy it.

I'm 100% serious here.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by munkyboy99
from what i know the LTDs are made in korea, or at least mine is, maybe the 50 series is china?

same with mine
Yeah it's a fake, got grover tuners aswell.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
I'm not an ESP expert, but I'm pretty sure the truss rod and inlays aren't suppose to be the same as the headstock shape. Major Fake, go tell ESP.
Quote by munkyboy99

The last one I tried was the FX-400 and it said made in china, and it made me sad when I saw it.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
fail fake haha, check out that truss rod cover.
haha and that headstock, cutaway and inlays.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Wrong headstock shape, wrong tuners, wrong inlay's, wrong knob positions, wrong body contours, wrong cutout, ridiculously wrong truss rod cover, and if i'm not mistaking, the eclipse should have an ebony fretboard.

Fake, do not buy!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Mar 3, 2009,
I don't know that much about ESP guitars, but just looking at the logo on the headstock and the truss rod cover would tell anyone with half a brain its a Chinese fake. For $500 you could get a kickass USA or Japanese made 80's or 90's axe that would rip that thing a new a$$hole.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
ESPs are made in Japan, period. As LP_CL is saying... wrong everything.
that's a fake dude - ESPs are made in Japan only

Not to mention:

[a] logo is wrong
headstock is wrong
[c] truss rod cover is wrong
[d] knobs are in wrong placement
[e] knobs themselves are wrong
gear
[="======================"]
ESP-LTD EX400 (black)
ESP-LTD Truckster (primer)
ESP-LTD MX130 (black)
Boss MT-2
Crate GX-60c [stock chorus/reverb]
Last edited by .:st.anger:. at Mar 3, 2009,
So here s the answer. In Utube u find a lot of vids of Chinese ESP Replica. But what i must say some sound not bad.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^^ *reported*

I don't think you're allowed to advertise chinese fake guitar sites.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?