Ok, I am getting my Gretsch Electromatic 5120 setup in the next couple of days, and I was wondering what strings I should put on. Seems like a simple question, but I am having it tuned up 2 semitones, like Johnny Marr from The Smiths had his (no, I am not willing to just have a capo on the 2nd fret of a guitar tuned to standard E).

So just post a link or just tell me atleast what gauge of string would best serve this tuning.
This is the tuning from high to low.
F#
C#
A
E
B
F#

Thanks in advance !
By the way, is there anything else I should mention to the employee other than that it will be tuned up 2 semitones?
Quote by Mutmoo
By the way, is there anything else I should mention to the employee other than that it will be tuned up 2 semitones?

you shouldn't have any problems, just tune it up.
You are gonna need some pretty light strings I recommened ernie ball's they are good strings ive used them since I started playing no problems to speak of. They usually ask for what tuning you want at least my local shop does. Ask them for recommendations too though as long as the employees know what they are talking about.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
I think 9 gauge ernies would suite well.

i have 9s, i tried tuning it up to that, it felt a little too tight. 8's should work perfectly.