I went to my local pawn shop today and i found a 6 string bass (missing 2 strings :P) and it says raven on the top. This brand was new to me so I looked it up and the closest thing i could find to this bass is its 5 string brother http://www.ravenwestguitar.com/rb500blredqu.html
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a Raven bass and if it would be a good buy. Its being sold for 400bucks but im going to try haggling if its worth it.
Thanx.
Looks damn nice!!!!

What does it play like??

If it plays nice and you think its worth $400 then get it........But haggle first. If you get it down too $300 or even $350 that'd be a steal.

Hmmm.....I have just realised i need a 6-string
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
save ur $$$ and get an MIA fender or Rick.....their the best imo.....although custom carvins are sweet too.....dude save ur $$$ and get a top shelf....if ur just starting i recommend getting either the cheap ibanez or squire starter pak. but it's all you, man if u like it get it....i am looking for a fretless...(acoustic,electric etc.) if i like it i'll get it, even if it's not MIA.

edit:::::r these made in USA? looks nice, but the pawn shop v. u gotta chek out really good...play it do the pots crackle? fret buzz...etc.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
Last edited by loinmute at Mar 2, 2009,
ive been playin bass for over 2 years now. I just wanted a decent 6 string to cover music that i cant do with my 5 string. Im going to try this bass out soon i just wanted to get some background on raven products.
go for it, after looking over the specs they look like to be quality basses, 400 for a nice 6 string is never a bad deal
The raven west ones say RWG at the top. There is an el cheapo brand called raven. Loving the **** out of the green quilt though!
Quote by loinmute
save ur $$$ and get an MIA fender or Rick.....their the best imo.....although custom carvins are sweet too.....dude save ur $$$ and get a top shelf....if ur just starting i recommend getting either the cheap ibanez or squire starter pak. but it's all you, man if u like it get it....i am looking for a fretless...(acoustic,electric etc.) if i like it i'll get it, even if it's not MIA.

edit:::::r these made in USA? looks nice, but the pawn shop v. u gotta chek out really good...play it do the pots crackle? fret buzz...etc.

Dude, do you have multiple personalities? I'm pretty sure you just changed your mind like three times, in mid-sentence.
Slap a bass, not a ho.