I have seen it mentioned in several threads but do not know what they are. I understand relative majors and minors. When explaining can you use an example like the parrell scales to E minor pentatonic is_____.

Thanks!
Quote by McG5-0
I have seen it mentioned in several threads but do not know what they are. I understand relative majors and minors. When explaining can you use an example like the parrell scales to E minor pentatonic is_____.

Thanks!

Different scale with the same root.

For example the parallel minor to E Major is E minor.
shred is gaudy music
They use the same notes.

EG;

C major uses C D E F G A B C

While it's relative ( I forget which, I think its... A minor? for some reason.. uses)

A B C D E F G A

/nevermind, I failed and got two words messed up. (Parallel and Relative)

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
parallel scales are knowing what to do to transcribe a scale of one note to a different scale of the same note.

E major -> e minor.

someone above already explained it.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Relative scales have the same notes but different roots.

Parallel scales have the same root but different notes.

The problems generally occur because people mistakenly believe that because relative scales have different names then you can change between them, however that's not the case. The relationship between the scales simply allows you to easily work out what certain notes will be in certain contexts, it's little more than an aid to composition and describing a piece. In practice a piece of music will usually be written in a key, that key contains certain chords and those chords together with the key indicate what scale to use.

Parallel scales are what you need to think about when you're looing at branching out and exploring different possibilities when it comes to actually playing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com