I basically need an OD to push into "tighter" metal. Think Lamb of God's "Laid to Rest" or KSE's "My Curse."

EDIT: Running through a Blackstar HT-5 Mini halfstack

The most I'd be willing to spend is around 185 if it's perfect for what I need, but please try and keep it as moderate as possible.

A MXR 10-band EQ will also be aiding, so nothing too extreme.

Some of my ideas:
Xotic BB preamp
Boss DS-1 (used lightly)

Suggest away.
Last edited by SchecterZV at Mar 2, 2009,
The xotic BB preamp is an amazing OD for what you're asking. I went with the Maxon OD-808 for the same purpose. It's cheaper and I could try it before I bought it. I ended up trying the BB preamp a few weeks after getting the od808 and I'd recommend both.

EDIT: what amp you running through?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Last edited by danyellenik at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by Levi79
try the boss metal zone, im not sure if it is boss or digitech, i think its boss. It will give you that kind of sound

That'd be way too much on the OD channel, and I've owned one of those before, returned it though
Quote by Levi79
try the boss metal zone, im not sure if it is boss or digitech, i think its boss. It will give you that kind of sound

err, hes asking for more of a boost rather than a distortion. i'd suggest the microamp or a bad monkey
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.