I had purchased a modded (old beat up) BC RICH rave from one of my friends.

These things at the time came stock with a duncan invader, Now its from the 80's and is rusted along the poles.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH8-Invader-Pickup?sku=300070

Also it has some green looking stuff growing on the back. the pickup works and all but I wondered if even at its age and condition would it be better than my stock pi9ckups in my Washburn dime Import V

Well, I looked on some other message boards and everyone seemed to be comfortable with rusted pickups.

"Hey man, leave the rust it will not change your sound. People pay a lot of money for rust, look at it this way, you got it for free!"

"The rust will verify its been aged, making it worth more"

"Hey Brotha! Leave it, Some people pay extra for the rust! I say its Good MoJo!"

The only difference between my pickup and the one in the picture is that mine dosent have the "Seymour Duncan" white lettering on the front, BUT it still has the Seymour Duncan Design on the back.

Well what do you guys think? Should I use it in my V or no
Washburn Dimebag Camo V>Digitech deathmetal distortion>Peaveyhotfoot distortion>Digitech Turbo stereo flange>Peavey Companded chorus>Peavey stereo Effect Processor DEP-16 (all on my peavey Peavey pfc-5 pedal board)
throw it in and test it? The older invader's might be better but the new one's are kind of muddy and undefined. They're not liked around here.

I'd say test it and do A/B clips, before and after playing the same stuff with same settings.

Then post it on ug?

05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
you can clean up rusted poles with a little 0000 steel wool, just cover around the pups, so that the shavings dont fall onto the pup magnets.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
you can clean up rusted poles with a little 0000 steel wool, just cover around the pups, so that the shavings dont fall onto the pup magnets.

this will work, but the only problem with that is by using steel wool, you are basically making the poles raw and allowing rust to come back sooner, and worse.

Same as with steel or iron car parts. once it rusts, you try to grind it off and do not do a good job preventing it from coming back, it WILL come back and it WILL be worse

i personally would like the look of them.

would you be interested in a trade for a newer HB-108? (same thing, just new, and made outside the US)
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Don't remove the rust. If you don't want the rust then the best thing to do would be to compleatly replace the poles. Then there is no danger of damaging the pickup. You can get poles from allparts.

The thing that has me worried is the green on the back of the pickup. would it be possible to get a picture of it so that we might be able to tell what it is?
Not taking any online orders.
The back could be brass or brass plated, and the green is the corrosion.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"