I'm slowly, laboriously, but insistently gathering bits and pieces for my upcoming build, and I think this David Dyke place is rather promising... I've considered buying some neck wood from them, but they ask me to state whether the blank is for a T/C or S/C type guitar... I'm assuming this means Telecaster or Stratocaster. I know these two types of necks have different heels, but why does this matter for a mere blank? Am I missing something obvious here?
I've bought a bit of stuff from them in the past - They're really good guys.

I imagine they might ask for the difference in headstock? Maybe the heel is the answer, I'm not sure.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
You are ordering from the UK to Denmark???

and yeah its probably just size of the blank, it wont be shaped or anything I dont think

drop him an email or phone call and ask.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
^Yeah, I can't find any decent lumber yards with maple in stock here (at least not the dimensions needed for a guitar). It's all softwoods or stuff for fences, furniture or floors... Most builders here don't buy locally.

But would the Strat blank need to be different in size than the one for a Tele? I guess it might have to be wider to accomodate the bulbous end of the Strat headstock or something... Would that be a reasonable assumption?

Anyways, I guess I'd have to order the LP style blank anyways if I want to have an angled headstock... Sucky, because they're a lot more costly.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Mar 2, 2009,
Are you making a one peice?

I would just buy the 'splices' further down the page, multi peice necks ftw!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
^Nah, it'll have pinstripes like on the Ibanez Prestige 5-piece necks... I was thinking of getting some veneers from them for that because they would be easier to work with and I could use the offcuts for various detailing that I hope might just set this design off from the rest.