Hey UG, so for christmas, i got a ned Ibanez RG350DX, and i love it. So far, it has worked great and i havent had any problems with it. But jest the other day, i was tuning it, and when i was dun, i strumed a chord, and it was already out of tune, so i tred to tune it again, and it took me and hour to tune it, and when i was dun, strumed again, and again, out of tune. This guitar has locking tuners, so it should stay in tune well, and it has up intill now. So what do you think is wrong, and what should i do?
Is your trem level? It should be straight if you look at it from the side.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Is your trem level? It should be straight if you look at it from the side.

i took a look at it, and nope, its not level. how would i go about making it level.
Quote by braady123
i took a look at it, and nope, its not level. how would i go about making it level.

I can explain it to you but there is a sticky on the subject but I will do it anyway. Heres what you need to do:

1. Open up the back of the guitar there will be some springs attached to a claw and 2 screws.

2. You need to tighten or loosen these based on which way the trem is slanting. If it is pulling forward you need to tighten them if it is slanting backwards you need to loosen them.

3. Retune the guitar to pitch and repeat until it sits level again.

On a side note the screws are brass I would swap them out like I did because after a few adjustments the heads will get stripped.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
I can explain it to you but there is a sticky on the subject but I will do it anyway. Heres what you need to do:

1. Open up the back of the guitar there will be some springs attached to a claw and 2 screws.

2. You need to tighten or loosen these based on which way the trem is slanting. If it is pulling forward you need to tighten them if it is slanting backwards you need to loosen them.

3. Retune the guitar to pitch and repeat until it sits level again.

On a side note the screws are brass I would swap them out like I did because after a few adjustments the heads will get stripped.

thanks man, should i replace the strings too, would that help at all?
remember when you tune a guitar with a bridge such as the Edge 3, "cross tune" it. ie. Tune in the following order - low e, high e, b, a, g, d. You most likely have to do this multiple times. Just keep doing it until its in tune.
Quote by argentotenebre
I take it you must have changed string gauges recently? What gauge did you change to?

all 9, cept my low e, its a 11
Quote by dethfield
remember when you tune a guitar with a bridge such as the Edge 3, "cross tune" it. ie. Tune in the following order - low e, high e, b, a, g, d. You most likely have to do this multiple times. Just keep doing it until its in tune.

why do you have to cross tune, jest wondering.