2 4%
Other
2 4%
All Albums he did, he Was a master
15 32%
Voters: 47.
tell why...was it his speed, note choice, etc. if u dnt like Lee dnt' respond
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
YYZ...need i say more...Red Barchetta...ummm it was his speed, and choice of notes, plus he was using more synths, pedals, etc. Vital Signs, tom sawyer was epic too......4 epic songs...thats y i chose Moving pics

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
You say Was a master, he still is!

to be blatantly honest, on each record Rush recorded, Geddy's always played a major part, I really dig the work on MalNarc though XD

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
i have to say all albums, i haven't heard any rush stuff i didn't like
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by TheFly_1990
You say Was a master, he still is!

to be blatantly honest, on each record Rush recorded, Geddy's always played a major part, I really dig the work on MalNarc though XD

i sit corrected, yes he still is MASTER Lee

Moving Pictures for the most part, but on instrumentals when he doesn't have to sing he goes crazy. Best Bass work: Where's My Thing, La Villa Strangiato, YYZ, Malignant Narcissism, Leave That Thing Alone, Freewill, Xanadu, Anthem, By-Tor and the Snow Dog, Force Ten, Turn the Page, The Big Money, Marathon, Show Don't Tell, Working Man, Take a Friend, Red Barchetta, The Analog Kid, The Main Monkey Business, Driven, Limbo, 2112, Bastille Day, and his chord work on the Vapor Trails album is nice as well.
I said all albums. 2112 is my favorite album for the sci-fi epic story, but as far as his bass playing goes it always impresses me when I i think i've heard it all.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I maintain that his best song was Time Stand Still. The bass wasn't technical, it wasn't flashy... it just fit. It was nicely in the pocket, and anything else would've ruined the song.

I agree, because most of his tunes are balls to the wall 16th notes, and this one kinda just sits there quietly. My 2nd favorite on the album but not on my list.
Every album, Geddy's just awesome, I've never heard a bland Rush bassline. I can see why most people are picking moving pictures though, vital signs, YYZ, etc.
Anthem is my favorite for the bass alone.

As a whole....WORKING MAN!
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Quote by Ingsoc
Anthem is my favorite for the bass alone.

As a whole....WORKING MAN!

yet u voted 4 neither "Rush" or "Fly by Night"????

I haven't heard a Rush song I didn't love, and I'm pretty sure I've listened to most (if not all) of their music. Geddy is an amazing bass player (among other instruments), and puts on a great show live.

On a side note: when I found out Peart wasn't in Rush yet when they did "Working Man" I was absolutely floored, such an amazing song!
Did you respond to your own question?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Fly By Night... His basslines blend in so well against the vocals and guitar. Specifically, the song Fly By Night. During the chorus, he spins his bass around the vocal melody, but makes it unique.
A Farewell to Kings
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Definatly POWER WINDOWS. I know some of you might laugh at that response, but I think It has his most complex bass work that he has ever done. Listen to the bridge part "Emotion Detector", where he is going f u c k nuts under Alex's solo, or "Marathon" or "Big Money", jesus just listen to that cd he puts out a bass clinic.
Wow there's no way to pick just one album. My personal favs would be: Malignant Narcissism, YYZ, Xanadu, Distant Early Warning, The Trees, Freewill, and Anthem.
There, I put in my vote for Fly By Night.

Working Man's bassline is a bit strange. Because of the tone and general cutting floor results, alot of the bassline is far below the general audibility of most Rush songs. But when it does punch through, it hits like a sack of bricks. Very bright and chunky.....Listen to the tempo change when the bass takes over solo for about 10 seconds after the first solo.
Clamdigger of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
Some say a comet will fall from the sky...
Quote by loinmute
YYZ...need i say more...Red Barchetta...ummm it was his speed, and choice of notes, plus he was using more synths, pedals, etc. Vital Signs, tom sawyer was epic too......4 epic songs...thats y i chose Moving pics
You forgot The Camera Eye... an overlooked song I'm learning it now. Make that 5!

Moving Pictures, but it's hard to choose. Moving Pictures got me sucked in and I can't get out lol
Quote by FbSa
^That's it! No other idea will even come close to that one. Joetime get's a pizza!
i thought Moving Pictures was fairly weak actually, its my least favourite album.
Actually for geddy's bass showcase i would say Counterparts...
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Moving pictures definitely even though Fly By Night is my favorite.

Moving Pictures has limelight, YYZ, Red Barchetta and Tom Sawyer. each one has a different style of line and fit quite well
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land