I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but since it involves amps and effect I figured it is.

I've been trying to play around with getting a Fall of Troy sound, especially like the one in Ghostship Pt. IV seen here. I don't know why I can't seem to find the right sound, but if anyone has any suggestions or examples of what they set their various amp dials to it would be quite helpful. Thanks.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
A bunch of people are going to give you the "get your own sound" stuff. You probably won't be able to get a sound like them because you aren't them. But check out the amp settings thread. But maybe people can still help you.

What's your guitar and amp/
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Schecter omen-6 and Behringer GMX-110. I don't expect an exact sound but I was hoping if anyone could point me in the right direction.
Behringer aren't a very good amp brand, but give me a few minutes to finish playing Gears of War, and I'll see if I can get an EQ for you.

EDIT: Ok, not great sound quality, but I reckon Gain 8, Bass 5, Middle 8 and Treble 7 will get you an approximation. Like I say it's hard to tell because of the recording, the treble might be less.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Mar 3, 2009,
Thanks very much, that is the sound I'm going for... what type of amp would you reccomend instead? I bought the Behringer for all the effects, and in general I play clean to medium distortion.