So guys. I have a guitar, amp, tuner, stap, pics, etc. What else would be good to add on to my rig? A compressor, EQ band? Help me out here. I dont play live. But i play for my girlfriend sometimes and my family and friends in my garage
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Pedals. Specificlly:

Wah
Delay
Overdrive/Distortion

^^^ this

perhaps even a band?
Fingers.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Pedals. Specificlly:

Wah
Delay
Overdrive/Distortion

And an EQ. Then, everything else is for what you specifically want to play.

I usually like to keep a bottle of some string cleaner handy at all times. It makes your strings last a whole lot longer and feel a lot better.

Besides that, you might want to take your rig to a music store and start messing with some effects to see what cool sounds you can create.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
get a wangcaster , it's the best guitar ever, everyone needs it
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by ktyler789
So guys. I have a guitar, amp, tuner, stap, pics, etc. What else would be good to add on to my rig? A compressor, EQ band? Help me out here. I dont play live. But i play for my girlfriend sometimes and my family and friends in my garage

Well you have a vypyr so that thing has reasonable distortion+effects.

Definately look @ a wah...I mean used standard crybaby's go cheap but if you want something good look at the rmc buddha wah, fulltone wah or keeley modded crybaby. Your amp can't give you a proper wah.

An EQ can certainly tighten up you tone, give you more control. MXR 10 Band is a great piece of kit to own.

I see you have an Epi G400, Maybe some new P'ups? I love my epi to death but it suffers from ****ty pickups. Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz?

If you just want accessories then look at:

*Good Set Of Strings, Slinkys?
*String Winder - Costs $2 and is invaluable
*Straplocks - Incredibly useful for playing. Nothing is more embarassing then dropping your guitar on stage.
*A good solid strap
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Last edited by hendrixftw at Mar 2, 2009,
Be careful with wah's, they can turn into a novelty item after awhile. I never use mine.
Money thats what a guitarist needs.........If its for your girl then you need a Taylor Acoustic and a sweet song.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
You have good replies already. I'll just add to them:

- Wah Wah pedal
- Delay pedal
- EQ pedal
- a slide (this is the cheapest, so maybe get one tomorrow)

Add those four to what you already have and you have everything you need for electric guitar.
Then get yourself an acoustic guitar
Quote by Mitchell?
Be careful with wah's, they can turn into a novelty item after awhile. I never use mine.

It really comes down to what you want your "signature" tone to be. If you don't picture wah being part of "your sound" it will fall to the wayside. But look at hendrix, and hammett. Both known for (ab)using the wah. It's all preference.

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
shees a SRV, Clapton, and basicly rock fan. Lol Im definately getting a new amp(tube) looking at the blackstar ht-5 or blackheart bh5h (stacks). And an eq definately and a wah. Distortions and all afterwards. Thanks
Good Shoes.

you wouldn't step on a 150$ pedal with a pair of 20$ K-mart shoes, would ya?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.