Page 1 of 3
What's this? No Lamp of Thoth thread? Apparently UG does not love the lamp, that has to change.

A review on metal archives describes this band perfectly:

"What we have is a invigorating, but sinister, cheerful, but heinous offering that defies all the Doom Metal cliches while staying (in a very absorbing manner) very true to what Doom is all about."

Doom metal fans owe it to themselves to grab Potents, Omens & Dooms.

http://www.myspace.com/thelampofthoth
That was...interesting. Kind of lame.

But ****, at least it's not all that screaming nonsense that people seem to be so overly obsessed with.
Quote by silversoulcage

But ****, at least it's not all that screaming nonsense that people seem to be so overly obsessed with.

Uhh...hrm...yeah...uhh, leave for your sake.

This band is good, haven't listened in ages.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by silversoulcage

Hey you! You motherfucking whore! You're going to burn!
Powerslave you are as bad as metal-lover. You feel the need to make a thread for every single band that isn't mentioned at least once a day.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Well, it's the same old threads in this forum that are active. Might as well get some other discussion going.

I'm constantly bored and have no life.
These threads last for a max. of two pages and die. So... you really achieve nothing.
Well he does at least show some people the bands, I've gotten stuff from powerslave before. I'll check this stuff once I'm done with my Vintersorg.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by nebiru
These threads last for a max. of two pages and die. So... you really achieve nothing.

They last hardly 10 posts. Even so, just getting some recognition for a band and subsequently getting someone into them is enough.

Whatever happened to Metal Lover ?
He was obnoxious as fukk... so he got permabanned.
"fuck yeah you will obey!" lawls, that made my day...along with those Anusites...

But yeah, cool band, thanks!
Portents, Omens & Doom was one of the finest doom releases of 2008. One of the most promising newcomers in the doom scene i think.

Has anyone heard the Cauldron of Witchery EP. Awesome cover of Cirith Ungol's Frost & Fire on it.

Powerslave, ignore the naysayers and keep posting threads on quality bands even if most are too newbish to listen to anything besides their 10 different bands they're into. I'm think I'll go start a Battleroar thread.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Quote by silversoulcage

*kastrates* You're gay.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
If you searched "The best band of the year" then you would have found Chylde of Fire's thread on these guys hahah...

I'll check them out again, but defying the doom metal cliches? Last time I remember hearing them, those cliches and blatant Sabbath worship was all they were doing.

Not to mention the ridiculous stage names

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Man, I love music styles like this...the eerie vocals with the old-school riffage = awesome.

But that "**** yeah, you will obey!" thing is ridiculously cheesy

edit: Oh, also, the band name sounds like someone with a bad lisp saying "The Lamp of Sauce"

Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I have never been into this style of Doom, which I find oddly annoying, as I feel it may have something to offer...

Will return to this is a few weeks perhaps.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by nebiru

Sorry, but this is pretty much true and the reason why I don't bother making band threads

but Lamp Of Thoth are of course great
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Proud to say I have been with this band since their beginings. Fucking quality.

New 10" EP being unleashed shortly, I'd like to add.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Blood On Satan's Claw is one of the best metal songs ever written.

Gladly checking out more of this band's songs. Quality stuff.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
HEY
YOU
YOU MOTHER****ING *****
YOU'RE GONNA BURN
THERE'S BLOOD ON SATANS CLAW

After listening to this album today, I can safely say that I love the Lamp.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
They have some good songs, but then there's juvenile crap like "HEY! YOU! YOU MOTHERFUCKING WHORE!" and I'm sitting there begging for lyrics that aren't crap.

I mean, I just can't take Blood On Satan's Claw seriously. One of the most overrated songs I've ever heard.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by Scourge441
They have some good songs, but then there's juvenile crap like "HEY! YOU! YOU MOTHERFUCKING WHORE!" and I'm sitting there begging for lyrics that aren't crap.

I mean, I just can't take Blood On Satan's Claw seriously. One of the most overrated songs I've ever heard.

I knew someone would moan about this sooner or later. Lighten the hell up. It's called not-taking-everything-100%-seriously-all-the-fucking-time, which is an art sorely missing these days.
Anyway, its not even like it's their best song. That is obviously Pagan Daze...

Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Mar 4, 2009,
Quote by Scourge441

I'm pretty sure the lyrics were intended to be taken with a grain of salt
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by chylde_of_fire
I knew someone would moan about this sooner or later. Lighten the hell up. It's called not-taking-everything-100%-seriously-all-the-fucking-time, which is an art sorely missing these days.
Anyway, its not even like it's their best song. That is obviously Pagan Daze...

Hear, hear.

It's refreshing seeing a band being humourous and fun without being completely obnoxious about it.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
But not as obnoxious as the dime-a-dozen joke bands out there, who are soooo wacky and are so satiricly extreme.
Quote by Scourge441
I actually find it to be very obnoxious.

But meh.

It's very rare you find a metal band with good humor, ESPECIALLY within Doom Metal.
Doom Metal is srs biznis.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by \Powerslave/
It's very rare you find a metal band with good humor, ESPECIALLY within Doom Metal.

How's that?

I find doom metal to be far less serious than many other metal genres
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Indeed. After all, where else would you find a song about Christina Ricci?

Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Mar 4, 2009,
You got take all metal with a grain of salt. Sometimes I just have to shake my head at the cheese that some bands present in their music or image. It's more funny than anything though.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Indeed. After all, where else would you find a song about Christina Ricci?

Years ago.......she was booooooooooooorn! Thats actually one of my favourite RB tunes.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Just been announced for Doom Fest Dublin along with esoteric....awwwwwww yeah.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
Just been announced for Doom Fest Dublin along with esoteric....awwwwwww yeah.

Looks like a very nice show so far, I can't imagine seeing how an Esoteric show would go live...

New 10'' is already up for sale, and it's almost sold out! I'm pretty sure it comes in a box set with a new Scarab EP and an Asomvel EP.
lol I"m warming up to these guys...

as for Esoteric, i"ve only seen live youtube videos, which obviously can't compare to actually being there; that said, I'd imagine the experience would be quite significant and enthralling

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Page 1 of 3