Does anyone know what pedals KsE uses? I love their tone. I'm mainly looking for Distortion/Od pedals, EQ settings etc..

?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
A Splawn Nitro and a Maxon OD808
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
They use Framus Cobras in the studio.
They used to use 5150's and H&K Triamps.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
They use meas boogie amps. They set distortion around 6, the bass 9, mid is at 3 or 4, and treble is around6 or 7.
Okay, so KsE has used a ton of amps, so... I guess a better question would be: do you want their live tone, or their studio tone?

Studio tones would require a ****load of amps, and a re-amping rig (Adam re-amps pretty much every guitar part...)

Live would be a Splawn Nitro
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
yah,
they dont use pedals for there gain
not many people do
Most bands in that genre have used a 6505/5150 at some point though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
^ Don't forget EMG's for the generic tone.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
only thing they use is a Maxon OD808 to tighten up the guitar in front of the amp, a delay (I believe a Maxon AD9) and a Boss NS-2 as a noise suppressor in the loop.

For amps it's a mix. I don't know how they decide to use which amp when but last time I saw them (summer 08) it was a Peavey 5150 for the brutalz and a Fender Twin Reverb for the cleans each (Adam and Joel). I can upload pics if you want.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
they're using expensive high gain tube amps, and a lot of them (they change all the time). they use maxon od-808s (basically a tubescreamer) as boost pedals, but those will only work for you if you already have the high gain tube amp... run through a clean amp they won't do that tone at all.

EDIT: i realise that's not what you want to hear, but it's better than you wasting your money- what's your current amp? if you're on a budget, a modeller like, say, a roland cube 30 might be worth considering (if you don't have one already).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 4, 2009,
I assume they have a channel seclector for their amps to go from clean to distortion, correct?

Anyways, I just EQ'd my pedals around ab it, and I got the tone for Holy Diver (cover) down pretty good.

Thanks for the help
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
actually, from what i've read, they just roll down their guitars' volume to get cleans. but yeah, those amps all should have clean channels too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?