I'm looking to buy a new amp...yes I know - another amp thread. Anyway I'm looking to buy a tube amp. My budget is in Australian Dollars - $1000, I'm happy to go used. To give you americans an idea the rrp of say a valveking is $1100 and DSL 50 is $1400.

I need something that's cleans are alright and handles Chili Peppers and more jazzy/bluesy stuff eg. SRV, but that handles high gain - up to satriani, metallica, megadeth well - even if it means I need a pedal. I have a bad monkey and I'm getting a metal muff.

I mainly play Rock, Metal and Grunge so this is what matters to me most.
Eg. Nirvana, The Offspring, Rise Against, EVH, Metallica, Megadeth, Black Label Society, Satch, Muse, AC/DC and Foo Fighters

Preferably <40w as it will largely be for home use but I will also need something for gigging which will get up over a spirited drummer. Not fussy on whether it's a combo, mini stack or stack.

So far I've looked at:
*Blackstar HT-5 although it's hard to get in Australia atm
*B-52 112 - Same as above
*Randall RG50TC - I think this might be a little to heavy for me...I don't think it's cleans will be satisfactory
*Marshall DSL 50- It looks good but the JCM 2000 cops a lot of crap on UG
*Blackheart Little Giant - Perfect size and features but seems voiced more for classic rock rather then what I'm into.
*Valveking - Cheap but supposedly has **** speaker which is very hard to get swapped around here.

Ideas?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Best route would be a HT5 or a SS Randall.
Nah - DSL all the way out of those. They are fairly good amps and pretty darn versatile.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I personally don't like the DSL, but I'd try and play them. But judging on where you are, that might not be very east.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I'd say the b52 and the dsl would be your best bet. You could also use your bad monkey to tighten up/add gain to those amps if your want, but I think they have plenty of gain on tap. The marshall has better cleans than the b52 and they are both pretty versitile.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
The Blackstar sounded great when Erock503 played it.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by sg622
holy crap. a VK is 1100 bucks in Australia?? damn...

1100 australian dollars is around 695 USD i belive
LOL at anyone suggesting anything but the DSL50 in that list of amps. On an entirely different level from the rest of the amps listed.
The small cube amps are really good for metal and high gain stuff. my friend has a cube 30w and its great stuff
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
1100 australian dollars is around 695 USD i belive

Such is the plight of australians, we get butt raped by guitar gear.

1stly we get owned by the curreny conversion

2ndly they jack up the price on everything here, the RRP for my epi LP custom is like $1500 aud - $900 USD...Altho I did get it for $800 AUD but I was hell lucky.

So yeh it sucks to be aussie when it comes to buying stuff
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
im also interested in the dsl 401. ive tried the valveking and i dont think it would be good for you. just not such a good amp even if it is cheap.

australian really prices suck. i feel your pain