It's not as much about sound as it feels. It would feel nice and toasty with your feet when it's burning in your fireplace. It's not eco-friendly, think about the pandas.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
It's not as much about sound as it feels. It would feel nice and toasty with your feet when it's burning in your fireplace. It's not eco-friendly, think about the pandas.

Think about the amount of guitars first act actually makes out of bamboo.
Anyway, I've never heard of a bamboo guitar. I'll see if Harmony Central has any reviews.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Heres what harmony central fourms says about it:
Bamboobob:
Yep....I'm the first kid on MY block. It sure is a nice guitar for $299. They dropped the price $100 from when I ordered it...August 13th!

It has more "Jumbo" frets than I am used to and way too light strings
(Ernie Not EVEN slnky is the first set of strings that are just a bit too heavy for me)
This thing plays almost as good as my 20 year old 1 owner strat, out of a cardboard box.
Pretty nice sustain and a great neck. WAY better fit&finnish than I expected for the price. I don't usually even look at guitars in this price range....but this is sure nice!!!
(You know your a musician when you have to edit the H out of the word sHure)

Awsome guitar for the money....I think I will taper the frets a bit more at the edges. Not a bad job ...but after thin fretts on a strat I hit them with the slide on the bottom. May need a better action when I get heavier strings (they are about 10---46's ish??)

Highly r3ecomend as a second electric, or a great starter guitar.
Great job First Act....my first purchase makes me want to check out more of your stuff. In this day and age VALUE impresses me.

Aditional information.

After expecting to feel the need to change the pickups ....I am shocked to say the sound is so good I am considering buying at least 1 more ME224(Bambusa) just to put my Tel style SD Hot Rails in the
Bridge and some nice Humbucker in the neck.

I think I need to keep 1 stock and am quite suprised to say that for a $300 guitar.

It does seem to want to dip with the neck....the balance is a bit off compared to my strat....when I play slide I have to pull it up sometimes.

Frets99:
I played one at their store and I concur. Damn good guitar. Worth it just for the funkiness of a bamboo guitar alone. Nice articulate and just a touch twangy.

Sorry for the wall of text.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Last edited by Sonis3 at Mar 2, 2009,