Page 1 of 5
Ok so I'm sure there are a bunch of overweight people on UG (I myself am one of them). Being overweight can cause self-esteem and social life problems. It can also prevent us from making love to all the beautiful young women that surround us everyday. It can make simple tasks seem impossible and make sitting on an airplane for a long period of time hell.
Bottom line, being overweight is not fun.

Statistics show that people have a hard time losing weight and keeping it off and fail more often than they succeed. Statistics also show that diets don't work and that the only way to truly get into and stay in shape is by eating right and exercising. That, however, is pretty hard to do, which is why there are (expensive) support programs like weight watchers which people can go to.
Bottom line, losing weight is a lot easier if you have a support group and people around you who are going through the same thing as you.

Thus, I present you the idea of UG Fit Club! I'm sure most of you have seen or at least heard of the show "celebrity fit club." The plot is simple: There are two teams of celebrities who compete with each other to try to lose the most weight. Whichever team loses the most weight by the end of the show wins a prize.

The principle of UG Fit Club would be pretty much the same. There will be two teams made up of overweight UGers competing to lose weight. The members of the losing team will have to send a member of the winning team a small prize (something cheap like picks, strings, etc....the point is to lose weight, not win prizes).

Before we start I would update this post with the stats and "before" pictures of all the competing members. Every week we would have a weigh in, and check to see how much weight we've lost. It's important that we all weigh ourselves right after we wake up before we eat anything to make sure we're getting accurate and consistent results. Up to date results will be posted in the original post. We will use this thread to give each other advice on meals and exercise, as well as congratulate and taunt each other. The first round of UG fit club will last 8 weeks.

I say we have sign ups for a couple of days and start the contest Sunday!

Teams will be determined by the amount of weight each person wants/needs to lose.

Anybody interested in this? I sure hope so cuz it took me ages to write this thing up!

UG FIT CLUB MEMBERS

Pat_s1t
Flann
pbiggie
Myself
tensaigamer0
Jackal58
Mr. Nasty
haste the day
Metallicaxp - 189 lbs.
SteveBeginner
munkymanmatt
Vauxite
hemo.
ccam555 - 257 lbs
1ZlowZ
Thecla
Beast_Within
mitythor666
ascendancy2
SomebodySomeone
leafsfan012
sglover34479
faultyy
fretsonfire74

MOTIVATORS/HELPERS

akm_202
Davo Ownz
dethead666
angusfan16
shredmeiser101
gillehy
coryklok
will123456789
centorium
-Worsell-
MushroomBomb
ratmblink123
CG Man16
classical_gas
razorback_al_31
SoftOath

WEIGH IN POUNDS

Thanks to akm_202 for the link: http://www.convertunits.com/from/kg/to/lbs

updated 3/07/09
Last edited by master at Mar 8, 2009,
good luck
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by Comrade Curry
Motherbitch? Screw you horseface! I lost 50 lbs. in 3 weeks, but I did use nutrisystem

Title was just an attention grabber.

Congrats on the weightloss!
Good luck for a good cause.

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Some people are just meant to be fat dude. Im sorry, but its the truth. 'Tis a good cause though.
Last edited by Ghost of Sparta at Mar 2, 2009,
I don't need to lose weight, I just need to work out more and build muscles.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Quote by Comrade Curry
Motherbitch? Screw you horseface! I lost 50 lbs. in 3 weeks, but I did use nutrisystem

If you're being serious, well, you can't be.
I think this is a great idea. Let me know if you need help with anything, like judging, dividing up teams, etc.
Sail upon the open skies
i really like this idea...

i dunno if i'll join a team cause i don't want to be the weakest link on one, but i'll play along when i can!
Quote by Ghost of Sparta
Some people are just meant to be fat dude. Im sorry, but its the truth. 'Tis a good cause though.

That's what fat people who are lazy and have given up say.

Not saying you are, but

Everyone has the power to chance.
ಥ_ಥ
Quote by angusfan16
I think this is a great idea. Let me know if you need help with anything, like judging, dividing up teams, etc.

I shall do that, thanks! Hope some peepz sign up for this.

Quote by PandaPetey
i really like this idea...

i dunno if i'll join a team cause i don't want to be the weakest link on one, but i'll play along when i can!

What makes you think you'll be the weakest link? Come on man. If you're overweight and wanna get in shape just sign up. Think of how much better it'll make your life!
Quote by arsonite

Not saying you are, but

Im 6'1" and 180 pounds

I want to see everyone in this prove my point wrong
Quote by Ghost of Sparta
Im 6'1" and 180 pounds

I want to see everyone in this prove my point wrong

what, that you're not fat? that's not what he was saying.
Quote by arsonite

Not saying you are, but

Lottery ftw!!!!

I'll lose some weight with ya dude. I've been losing about 5 lbs a year for the last 5 years but I really do need to drop about 25 more around my gut.
I weighed around 275 - 280 when I was in the Army. I'm now down to about 230lb. Would like to get that to about 200. Count me in.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
K, I'll make sure to add you guys. I gotta hit the sack right now and check the thread first thing when I get up.
Quote by master
K, I'll make sure to add you guys. I gotta hit the sack right now and check the thread first thing when I get up.

G'night man. I will look for it tomorrow.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
The ****? You don't look fat .
Anyway, awesome idea. I'd like to join, but I'm lacking the motivation right now . Good luck!
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by RU Experienced?
First rule of Fit Club is you do not talk about Fit Club
Second rule of Fit Club is you do not talk about Fit Club

that's what i thought too
*disappointed*

as for you, you spin a story like a spider spins a web
see? that's a metaphor - no wait, a simile
i'm still learning, but i think i'm getting better
Quote by urik
The ****? You don't look fat .
Anyway, awesome idea. I'd like to join, but I'm lacking the motivation right now . Good luck!

Get a haircut Urik. You'll lose 20 lbs.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by angusfan16

yeah sign me up with whatever angus is i'm a great judge of how much a fat a person has lost.
Quote by Jackal58
Get a haircut Urik. You'll lose 20 lbs.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I will do this. I'm not terribly big, but I could use a little trim off the ol' gut. 5'10" - about 190-200. I'm doing this - http://hundredpushups.com/index.html - at the moment, as well as it's sit-up counterpart, and I have modified my diet. Starting to see some results, but have a bit to go. I'll check back tomorrow, but you can count me in. This is good motivation, btw.
Quote by ewp805
^^^Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Ted!^^^

Monsterbeast is fat and ugly.
Hmm well I dunno if this counts but about a year ago I was an extremely skinny 138 lbs at 6 feet tall, finally decided to start trying to get fit and healthy, currently 152 lbs with a low BF%

picture from my vacation last december with my little brother, put on a few pounds of good weight since then

still a lot skinnier than my goal but even the skinny guys can make a good change in their fitness
Last edited by priest.fan. at Mar 2, 2009,
I would like in on this competition.
I would like to get into shape, lose some weight 'round me belly.
I'm 6 foot and 190. Losing 20-30 pounds should do me some good.
K so right now the people who have signed up to lose weight are are:

Myself
tensaigamer0
Jackal58
Mr. Nasty
haste the day
Metallicaxp

people signed up to judge/do other things:

dethead666
angusfan16

Looks like we'd have enough for one team already!

who else wants in on this?
I've already lost 18 pounds since January. I'd sign up but I've got a pretty sweet head start. ^_^

You all should make a ticker too:

It says 19 but I gained 5 pounds and re-lost four. I should be all set by tomorrow.
You're*
Quote by master
Statistics also show that diets don't work and that the only way to truly get into and stay in shape is by eating right and exercising. That, however, is pretty hard to do
It's really not. It's all in the mind; it is not difficult at all.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by master
Being overweight can cause immense gravitational fields

Ahaha. That's sounds better.

Quote by master

Statistics show that people have a hard time losing weight and keeping it off and fail more often than they succeed. Statistics also show that diets don't work and that the only way to truly get into and stay in shape is by eating right and exercising. That, however, is pretty hard to do,... etc etc...

How hard can it be? I don't get you people. Just eat in moderation and excercise. All it takes is a little ambition.
I should be going to the body building thread, not here,

Thanks anyway

Goodluck

I would love to sign up please, as a helper, i can gather info and stuff, provide motivation

SIGN ME UP NAO!
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Mar 3, 2009,
I think I'll sign up. I'm overweight. I actually eat quite healthy and get decent exercise, I just happen to eat a lot.
6ft
88kg
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
i read this as "the UG fight club"

i said to myself, "im in"

but no. its just a thread for fat people.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Good luck, and try to enjoy the process as much as you can!
If you can find exercise fun, you will want to do more of it.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
I'd like to join. I'm 5'7" and about 150, I could probably lose at least 20 pounds.

One suggestion would be to shorten the round time, 8 weeks is a long time! We need to be able to share results sooner I think.
Page 1 of 5