is it just me or is the plot from eragon completly taken from star wars?
like when eragon's uncle was killed by the shade he ran away with Brom and when Luke's uncle was killed by stormtrooper he ran away with obi won.
then theres also the part where theres a empire that their fighting against controled by some super old guy. Also it seems that luke is the last jedi while Eragon is the last dragon rider. Then theres the part where Brom dies somehow and then obi won dies at the deathstar. Also the part where luke gets trained by yoda but doesnt finsih his training and leaves promising to return while ergaon does the exact same thing with the guy with the golden dragon.... someone should sue the guy
I don't let this kind of stuff bother the experience i get from reading the novels. Goodbye.
Sail upon the open skies
Never read it. Watched the movie. It sucked so hard.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
It's not exactly an uncommon plot, you can probably find it quite frequently in film and literature, even prior to 1977
I think the title of this thread should be "Common archetypes = Common archetypes"

because that's just what they are.
ಥ_ಥ

Don't forget to remember, the Devil's got pills in his eyes.

Future Trunks of the Dragonball Alliance. PM Msu_Man04 to join.
Is it just me or did family guy rip off Star Wars with Blue Harvest??

Thay shuld lyk c0m3 up with th3re own pl0t doods!!!11!1one!

Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Who cares? Eragon is a terrible terrible book and a terrible terrible series
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
also, they're both fighting their fathers...
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
I only got to see the last half of that movie, and I'm glad that's all I had to see.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Quote by naedman

SPOILER ALERT!

Brom was Eragon's father....
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by Monolith295
Never read it. Watched the movie. It sucked so hard.

Supposedly they weren't satisfied with the movie so they're remaking it...lulz.
The movie was massive heart stopping fail, the book was great. The plot from star wars is similar to many history lessons. It has a lot in common with napolean and other **** like that. Its terrible that whoever made that movie wrecked a good book.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

Quote by naedman

sorry for double post, but eragon is not fighting his father.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

^Oh god...

OT, how have you not noticed this?
It also steals from LOTR.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Thank you captain obvious
suppose the next thing you'll say is that narnia is an allegory for christianity
Music and sutff
Ive noticed it. Its not just generalizations,like the hero journey. Its a straight rip.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Is it just me, or am I the only person who doesn't like Star Wars?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by angusfan16
SPOILER ALERT!

Brom was Eragon's father....

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Quote by CoreysMonster
is it just me, or was the plot in star wars based off of old samurai and cowboy movies?

Not just you, unless you're being sarcastic it's a pretty well known fact.
doesn't make Star Wars any less f*cking amazing.
The books were good, the movie was horrible.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I hate whoever directed the movie.

He totally screwed EVERYTHING up, like WTF was with the flying shadow thingy at the end!?!
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
From film critic Eric D. Snider:

A petulant young man without parents lives with his uncle on a remote farm. The boy finds an object belonging to the imperial ruler, and the ruler sends soldiers to the farm to retrieve it, killing the uncle in the process. The boy then meets with an old man whom the locals consider crazy, and he explains the boy's destiny, training him in the ways of an ancient art that is no longer practiced but which was once a powerful means of keeping peace in the world. The old man himself was once a practitioner, and in fact so was the imperial ruler; they were friends, even. But the ruler suffered a great personal loss and turned to the dark side, becoming evil and standing by as nearly everyone who practiced the art was killed. It is now up to the young man to be trained in these ways so he can do battle with the imperial ruler and defeat his evil empire.

You will note that the above paragraph doubles, word for word, as a description of "Star Wars." If it doesn't remind you of "Star Wars" in every particular, then the only possible conclusion is that you have never seen "Star Wars."

Lots of book and film critics have pointed out the similarities. I liked the first two books the first time I read them, but when I tried to reread the second in order to catch up for the third, I decided twenty pages in that I couldn't finish it.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD