Main points/questions in bold for those who are too lazy to read the whole thing.

I'm probably getting a fuzz. I especially like the sound of Mick Ronson (David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust's guitarist). Although many people think he used a Vox, the most reliable sources say he used a MKI.

The problem is that it seems that no one makes clones of the MKI. There are a lot of them that are mistaken for MKI clones but are actually clones of later versions. And they're all expensive. So I would prefer to build my own unless somebody can find one under about $125. Does anyone know where I can find out how to build one?

I'm guessing the answer is probably no, since I've been searching the webz trying to find this out for a few weeks now with no luck. So what's the closest-sounding tonebender model to the MKI? I'm looking for the "rawer" sound of Jeff Beck, (Yardbirds years), The Beatles (Revolver), and of course Mick Ronson (though his sounds a little smoother, maybe because of the recording quality advancements over the years or maybe because he used a half-cocked wah) as opposed to the Jimmy Page sound most people seem to want.

That last sentence was really long... Anyway, does anyone know about this?
BuildYourOwnClone pedals has a Tonebender copy that's like 60 or 70 bucks. It's a kit with instructions, and the Tonebender is one of their easiest builds, and sounds really friggin good.
Yeah, but it's a MKII Professional clone, which isn't really the sound I'm looking for. I might end up settling for it if I can't find anything closer, though.
Thanks! I don't have any previous pedal-buildings experience as of now, but fuzzes like this are notoriously easy, so I can probably work my way up to it pretty easily.

Can you post the source of that schematic so maybe I can get a little more information?
Quote by werty22
Thanks! I don't have any previous pedal-buildings experience as of now, but fuzzes like this are notoriously easy, so I can probably work my way up to it pretty easily.

Can you post the source of that schematic so maybe I can get a little more information?

Forget where I got that schematic, just had it saved to my computer. It's nothing more than a redrawn version of David Man's of D*A*M Electronics. http://stompboxes.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37&hilit=470k+mki
Alright. I found that schematic on a forum somewhere, but I wasn't sure if it was trustworthy.