i have a 97 mim strat and i was wondering if installing all five springs on the tremolo system to make more pressure on the contact points of the tremolo unit and the body would give it better sustain or help with tuning stability. i dont use the trem much and when i do its just little dips of a half step or less so the pressure wouldnt bother me. id be willing to do it but only if there was some benefit in sustain. anybody ever try it or notice a difference because of the spring tension on the trem?
It would help tuning stability and sustain, certainly, but definitely get your truss rod/bridge set up afterwards. Monkeying around with the string tension will affect your neck if you don't set it up right.

Definitely take it to a guitar shop if you're not 100% sure what you're doing, and get a professional to do it.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Quote by VisionaryTics
It would help tuning stability and sustain, certainly, but definitely get your truss rod/bridge set up afterwards. Monkeying around with the string tension will affect your neck if you don't set it up right.

Definitely take it to a guitar shop if you're not 100% sure what you're doing, and get a professional to do it.

i wont be altering the string tension seeing as i to tune it to pitch before playing.