If it was YOUR choice, which would you get and why?

I have narrowed it down to these few:

Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet with Bigsby
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch-Guitars-Electromatic-Pro-Jet-with-Bigsby-511587-i1147134.gc

Fender Jaguar HH
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Jaguar-HH-Electric-Guitar-103299566-i1146861.gc

Epiphone 12-string Riviera
(sorry couldnt find a link)

The Gretsch felt really good, sounded a bit shrill on treble pu only (but you can always turn the tone knob down, or lower the pu). Other than that it was great, and did well with pedals. $500

The Fender HH Jag I've had my eye on for awhile, as y'all know. It sounds great, but again treble pu too much (even with tone knob rolled off). Seems I'd only ever use neck or both, but NEVER treble by itself. $700

The Epiphone Riviera 12-stringer is a bit hard to find. Its $1000, a bit more than the rest. As a rythm player it would be neat, but for lead , not so much.
fender jag all the way. i have never liked bigsby tremelos because they CONSTANTLY go out of tune. also, 12 string electrics are just...no.
Well tbh if it WAS me I would get neither and get a nice ibanez but out of your choices I would get the fender
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I thought Bigsby's were better because of the roller-bridge, and Floyd Rose's were worse because they were/are a pain in the ass to adjust and what not.

Am I wrong?

Yes, I realize most people dont care for Gretsch. I used to not like them. This one though, it sounded better than I was expecting.
Quote by neptune1988
I thought Bigsby's were better because of the roller-bridge, and Floyd Rose's were worse because they were/are a pain in the ass to adjust and what not.

Am I wrong?

Yes, I realize most people dont care for Gretsch. I used to not like them. This one though, it sounded better than I was expecting.

IMO floyd isnt a pain it just has a learning curve with it once you learn it its really easy and I actually prefer floyd guitars to the fixed bridges that ive played.
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by neptune1988
why do you prefer Floyd Rose?

I'm not bashing, I'm just asking why you like them over Bigsby.

Much better tuning stability and range with the trem are an FR's big draws.The downside is the pain of maintenance and changing tunings and the fact that they kinda blow for subtle effects like flutters and so on.I prefer a wilkinson with locking tuners to an FR at this point in my playing.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by neptune1988
why do you prefer Floyd Rose?

I'm not bashing, I'm just asking why you like them over Bigsby.

I really like the added tuning stability and range plus the sound you get when you use one is just amazing both up and down.

EDIT: I know your not bashing which is why im helping, I love to help people with their guitar questions which is why I have over 2,000 posts on this site most of them in Electric Guitar. Provided they accept my advice of course.

/end of rant
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Valveking 112
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Mar 3, 2009,
i would say get the gretsch. they have that great vintage sound that is unusual but not in a bad way, plus its cheaper. the jag although i havent played one before doesnt seem appealing to me for some reason.