Poll: Have you ever shaved your head for charity?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you ever shaved your head for charity?
Yes, I have.
2 9%
Maybe...
1 4%
Never once considered.
18 78%
I'm already bald as it is...thanks for reminding me.
2 9%
Voters: 23.
Where I live, there is a cancer foundation called St. Baldrick's going on regularly around this time of year. I'm seriously considering shaving my head in memory of a neighbor of mine who died of leukemia last year.
I was considering having my hair cut short anyways, so I'm not bothered by being bald. The red dye on my hair grew out, so it's perfect timing too. The free cut would go for cancer patients that have no hair at all.

Why am I posting this in the pit? I'm hoping I'd inspire some of you guys and gals to actually go and do something for charity. I'm sure many of you already have. I'd also would want to hear some stories you have to share if any.

Poll coming up.
Besides that...being bald is the new black.
Kiss with a fist, lovely heterosexuals.
I know exactly what you're talking about, and I was told my hair was too short, but I knew a lot of metal heads who did it
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
I used to have really long hair(almost 2 feet) and I recently cut it off and donated it to Locks of Love. Didn't shave it bald, but I did donate it.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
To share a story, my mother got cancer twice, and as you all know the chemo/radiotherapy makes you lose your hair. When I asked her about this whole 'shaving your head to raise money for those who have lost theirs due to cancer/leukaemia', she says that she hates it and wishes they didn't do it, because it only reminds one of the emotional trauma and draws attention to it.

So therefore, even though I know its totally well-meant, I don't take part in this whole thing.

And I totally know you mean well, but please think about that - there must be alternatives.
I have, I guy I went to high school with got cancer in the 10th grade and after he went through chemo like 500 people all shaved their heads so he wouldn't be the only one with no hair.

Also, he is a bad ass drummer lol.
Sorry, brah, they won't take dyed hair.
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by Harmony.Korine
To share a story, my mother got cancer twice, and as you all know the chemo/radiotherapy makes you lose your hair. When I asked her about this whole 'shaving your head to raise money for those who have lost theirs due to cancer/leukaemia', she says that she hates it and wishes they didn't do it, because it only reminds one of the emotional trauma and draws attention to it.

So therefore, even though I know its totally well-meant, I don't take part in this whole thing.

And I totally know you mean well, but please think about that - there must be alternatives.

I always looked at as if it were to show that cancer patients weren't alone. I can see your reasoning and I would be horrified if that were the case with my neighbors wife.
Kiss with a fist, lovely heterosexuals.
Quote by Harmony.Korine

I was thinking that might be the case with some of them.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!