i was reading my daily dose of gadget blogs and i came upon this:
http://i.gizmodo.com/5162956/microsofts-vision-for-the-future-gives-me-hope-for-humanity

it looks sweet. i mean, can you imagine a world where i can keep a card as a wallet and just touch it to pay for certain things?

which got me to thinking ...
how soon do you people think we'll get this far? obviously, microsoft is resarching technology for this kind of advancement, but do you really think that our computers will become so advanced in just 10 years? it doesn't seem that long, but look:
laptop 10 years ago

(this is from 1997, but that's only 12 years ago)

laptop today

the touchscreen technology looks plausible especially with the release and development of microsoft surface or the hp touchsmart PC. OLED is a developing technology that is gaining enough momentum to be a part of every piece of technology in the next 4 or 5 years.

i feel a little cynical when i talk about this technology. it feels like i'm in the 1950s talking about robots and flying cars. the recession will definitely slow this process down, but i think we'll be "there" by 2025 assuming the world doesn't end or something.
Sent from my iPad.
that sounds interesting.
but i think we're headin too far into the All-In-One gadget era though.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
Those laptops sure got shinier
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
i remember when having both a floppy disk drive AND a CD-rom drive was a luxury in laptops. now it's like, psshh, 8 gb flash drives.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by Filter
Makes me wonder if there's an end to computer technology..

There isn't
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Damn I want iot to be the future

I wonder what apple's future predictions are?
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i remember when having both a floppy disk drive AND a CD-rom drive was a luxury in laptops. now it's like, psshh, 8 gb flash drives.

Nah. 32 GB flash drives and 1 TB external's that fit in your hand.
Quote by psyks

For some reason I feel like apple could bring a much more interesting future than microsoft, it feels like apple are more advanced
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
I had one of those old ass laptops that were only laptops if you had the lap of a football player.

And the end of computer technology is HAL 9000

"Hal, download CP"

"I'm sorry Dave, but I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Why not Hal?"

"I think you know just as well as I do Dave."

Someone please know the reference.

Not the CP part though.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Last edited by DoTheEvolution at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by ortrigger
Nah. 32 GB flash drives and 1 TB external's that fit in your hand.

already!?!?!?
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by psyks

a store on fifth avenue that has a glass cube entrance that's just an elevator which leads to the subterranean store?

oh wait, they already did that. like it or not, apple is probably one of the better innovators in design and technology:

*splooge*
Sent from my iPad.
I'm deathly afraid of computer technology getting way out of hand.

People want to put computer chips into our body...and some of them say you won't be able to live without one.

All your information will be on said chip and you couldn't buy anything without it because it would replace cash...

If that ever happens, I'm killing myself before I put a ****ing chip in me. Viruses are easily made, and so much other things can go wrong with a computer...not going to let that happen.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by Filter
Makes me wonder if there's an end to computer technology..

Nope. Once Skynet kills us it will just pick up where we left off and keep advancing itself.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by paintITblack39

oh wait, they already did that. like it or not, apple is probably one of the better innovators in design and technology.

I would take Apple's future with caution. Steve Jobs's lack of preparation for CEO transitioning may bring down Apple all together. Unlike Bill Gates, who transferred his position smoothly and assured that Microsoft continues operating without a hitch, Jobs keeps everyone on their toes with his weak health and no backup.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Lol look at the 5 minute video and then stop at 2:55 when she stops turning the dial.. Look at the time she turns to :P

I think Microsoft is trying to tell us something

Edit: Here's a YouTube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvtxupQmRSA
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Last edited by MangoStarr at Mar 3, 2009,
i agree with your opinion on apple's future, although i never said that apple's future is better or will be better than microsoft. i said that apple is a brand that takes its pride in design and technology. you are right, though. apple needs to stop acting like the CIA and be super cautious about their company. it's a cult and its one reason i could never stand apple. it has already hurt them. i.e. the iPhone 3G's launch. tons of them bricked and no announcement, no support, or anything from them when the news first hit. it seems that apples motto is "deny, deny, deny" until they figure out how to fix the problem. it's sick.

other than that, great products, apple.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
i agree with your opinion on apple's future, although i never said that apple's future is better or will be better than microsoft.
True. I guess what I'm trying to say is they may be innovating now, but they may not exist in 5 years...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Man, this looks so cool, I can't wait for things like this. I seriously believe that 90% of what that video showed will actually be made by 2019.

I mean, see it this way; if we can go from crappy Windows 98 Computers to having iPhones and highly advanced touch-screen laptops, etc. in only 10 or so years, then I think that what this video shows is very plausible.
all the things in that video may be possible my 2019, but it'll still be expensive as hell at that point and won't be everywhere like in the video. it'll take much longer than that for the prices on stuff like that to drop to where it's affordable by your average person.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
all the things in that video may be possible my 2019, but it'll still be expensive as hell at that point and won't be everywhere like in the video. it'll take much longer than that for the prices on stuff like that to drop to where it's affordable by your average person.

Yea. Just because the technology is out there doesn't mean it's going to be integrated everywhere. I really doubt many grocery stores will have digital price slots.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea. Just because the technology is out there doesn't mean it's going to be integrated everywhere. I really doubt many grocery stores will have digital price slots.

I agree with this man

see my sig
Quote by paintITblack39
a store on fifth avenue that has a glass cube entrance that's just an elevator which leads to the subterranean store?

oh wait, they already did that. like it or not, apple is probably one of the better innovators in design and technology:

*splooge*

o: They must have hired Sven! I'm sure Moseby could have done just as good a job.

e-cookie for reference
How i met your mother. Just broke my year long post drought.

And that building looks awesome, i want one.
Quote by paintITblack39

*splooge*

design yes, technology no, someone else always has a better component. Mac put together a half decent self sufficient package, and that's it
It doesn't really matter what microsoft thinks 2019 will look like; the world ends in 2012 anyway
404: Sig not found.
wtf, look at the screen of the laptop in the first picture and its the same picture and it keeps repeating itself over and over and over and over and over and over and over an- AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH *head explodes*