okay heres my dilemma. im beginning spring break soon and i want to either spend 40bucks on a hookah w. shisha and coals etc. or spend 50 on an eighth of dank bud. Im not really sure which one i would want to buy because the eighth would last me a week tops and the hookah could provide me with enjoyment for a long time. so..i really cant decide. If you have a hookah, do you use it alot? If you also smoke weed which would you rather have? thanks
as close as you can get to Baileys without getting your eyes wet
...What? You white kids and your attempts for a gangster perception using common speech formality's!

seewhutIdidthar?

Yeah me too..
Buy a bong or an eighth.

Smoking hookah is worse than smoking cigarettes. I smoke cigs and I won't touch hookah unless its a special occasion.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Hookah = Shisha, noob.

A good hookah is 100 dollars+. Hookah tobacco is 12 dollars and lasts a few months.

I smoke hookah once every few weeks and I smoke weed as well. If I were you I'd buy weed and rolling paper. Hookah is pretty bad for you.

At least you get something out of weed, its cheaper, and it's not nearly as bad for you as hookah smoke.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by ScottElwood
Buy a bong or an eighth.

Smoking hookah is worse than smoking cigarettes. I smoke cigs and I won't touch hookah unless its a special occasion.

That could not be further from the truth. That's almost a bold faced lie actually.

and TS buy the hookah, they are so worth it.
Or you could give me $50...would probably be about as useful to you
"Be as radical as reality."
- V.I. Lenin
Buy a hookah and throw a party. People will provide the bud.

Good times.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by silversoulcage
That could not be further from the truth. That's almost a bold faced lie actually.

and TS buy the hookah, they are so worth it.

How so?

It's not the fact that the smoke is worse, it's the fact that when you smoke hookah you smoke a TON.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Hookah's are bad for you're lungs yes, but then again anything that isn't oxygen is bad for you're lungs one way or the other. Hookahs are way less harmful the cigarettes. What makes you're lungs hurt sometimes is if you smoke way to much. I mean, imagine smoking a whole pack in like two hours, you're lungs would hurt. That leads to the misconception that hookahs are super bad for you, which they aren't.
Quote by sk8ordie97
never... EVER say dank

+1
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by silversoulcage
Hookah's are bad for you're lungs yes, but then again anything that isn't oxygen is bad for you're lungs one way or the other. Hookahs are way less harmful the cigarettes. What makes you're lungs hurt sometimes is if you smoke way to much. I mean, imagine smoking a whole pack in like two hours, you're lungs would hurt. That leads to the misconception that hookahs are super bad for you, which they aren't.

Studies show that you inhale the same amount of two packs of cigarettes when you smoke a session of hookah.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by GNiCk89
Buy a hookah and throw a party. People will provide the bud.

Good times.
THIS

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Quote by SlinkyBlue
Studies show that you inhale the same amount of two packs of cigarettes when you smoke a session of hookah.

Lie.

Don't try to bull ****.

Cite that reference from a dependable reference.

I smoke hookah frequently, you just have to know when to stop.

And I know what you said is BS because everyone smokes differently, inhales different amounts of smoke. How bad something is for you that is inhaled is very different for each person.
well heres my opinion oh hookah

I was living in some dorms at a university and believe me when I tell you that was the BEST buy I purchased from that part of my life. It was cool cause it just always gives you something to relax, hangout and chill with friends. Dudes and chicks dig it so its always a socializing positive. I still have mine and i still use it till this day once in a great while. I say go for it, but dont get stuck with some crappy one. if your interested on some more info just say.

there is one thing though, ive never exactly found out how harmful it is in comparison to other smoke alternatives. Websites alway contradict eachother so idk. If someone knows the cold hard facts, please, post em.

ps. like you said, in a month you wont even remember about that mary j you purchased but on the other hand if you have a hookah....
Quote by silversoulcage
Lie.

Don't try to bull ****.

Cite that reference from a dependable reference.

I smoke hookah frequently, you just have to know when to stop.

And I know what you said is BS because everyone smokes differently, inhales different amounts of smoke. How bad something is for you that is inhaled is very different for each person.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hookah/AN01265

http://www.dupagehealth.org/tobacco/content/hookahpipes.asp

http://hookahviews.com/health.php

Of course, the nicotine in tobacco smoke isn't what causes cancer and cardiovascular disease. For that, you have to look at "tar" (actually, nicotine free, dry particulate matter, or NFDPM) and carbon monoxide (CO.) The same studies show that waterpipe smoke contains 802 mg tar compared to 22.3 mg for cigarettes, and 145 mg CO, compared to 17.3 mg for cigarettes. Thus, a single waterpipe use episode (lasting 30-45 minutes) can yield slightly more nicotine than a single cigarette, and about 36 times the tar and 8 times the CO.

^^ This was taken off the hookahviews.com page, which is pro-hookah.
Last edited by ScottElwood at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by JBOX
well heres my opinion oh hookah

I was living in some dorms at a university and believe me when I tell you that was the BEST buy I purchased from that part of my life. It was cool cause it just always gives you something to relax, hangout and chill with friends. Dudes and chicks dig it so its always a socializing positive. I still have mine and i still use it till this day once in a great while. I say go for it, but dont get stuck with some crappy one. if your interested on some more info just say.

there is one thing though, ive never exactly found out how harmful it is in comparison to other smoke alternatives. Websites alway contradict eachother so idk. If someone knows the cold hard facts, please, post em.

ps. like you said, in a month you wont even remember about that mary j you purchased but on the other hand if you have a hookah....

This, pretty much, everyone loves a hookah. It's like beer, very social, very relaxing, and it's something to do.
Quote by ScottElwood

None of those sites are very "dependable". Basically anything on the internet isn't dependable and I bet I could go find another three sites that either show inconclusive results or directly refute the three you cited.

Besides, I've got first hand experience on my side. I've never had a problem with hookah's bothering me. Not one time.

TS Just buy one, the social gratification well out weighs the inconclusive results of hookah smoking.

*edit*

And like you're other thing said, it depends on how much you smoke, and just like I said, if you smoked a whole pack in about and hour or two, you're lungs would hurt. Not to mention, I find it very hard to sit down and smoke an entire bowl off the hookah to myself.
Last edited by silversoulcage at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Don't get suckered into info from TOBACCO COMPANY, mr.
I've heard that smoking out of a hookah is as bad as smoking a pack of cigarettes or 2 in a 30 minute session. Either way, I think smoking out of a hookah is cool but it doesn't do anything. It's just an excuse to have something to do. Doesn't make you feel any different at all.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
get the hookah man, there is always other chances to get some ganja
i like using the hookah for hash
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by meta1militia
I've heard that smoking out of a hookah is as bad as smoking a pack of cigarettes or 2 in a 30 minute session. Either way, I think smoking out of a hookah is cool but it doesn't do anything. It's just an excuse to have something to do. Doesn't make you feel any different at all.

I don't know about that last part. I've gotten a strong nicotine buzz from a hookah before, and I smoke like a pack a day...at least.
Quote by silversoulcage

*edit*

And like you're other thing said, it depends on how much you smoke, and just like I said, if you smoked a whole pack in about and hour or two, you're lungs would hurt. Not to mention, I find it very hard to sit down and smoke an entire bowl off the hookah to myself.

Culture varies too.

I was visiting a hookah bar which was owned by this indian dude, and I found out that in india it is common for a table of people to have their own hookah per person.
Quote by ScottElwood
Culture varies too.

I was visiting a hookah bar which was owned by this indian dude, and I found out that in india it is common for a table of people to have their own hookah per person.

Exactly. I know there a lot of Hookah bars in Mobile where a few of my friends live (college). We hit those up every time I go down, it's really fun actually, it's like a bar, but there's never any drama haha.
why dont you just not inhale the hookah, like a cigar. for the flavor not the nicotine.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by frozen_soul
why dont you just not inhale the hookah, like a cigar. for the flavor not the nicotine.

I thought that was what you're supposed to do anyway since, apparently, inhaling hookah smoke is really bad for you?

Anyway, I'd probably get the hookah.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Hookah smoke is the smoothest smoke I've smoked before (smoother than bud).. So it makes it hard for me to believe that its that bad for you..
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Jesus, I finally realized he was referring to a drug instead of a hooker after reading like the 4th post

Darn black guys with their always evolving gangsta talk...

glad i wasn't the only one
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
I like smoking hookah because it's so smooth. Just dont smoke it too much. I feel sick if I smoke on it for too long because you can take those massive constant hits from it without feeling anything.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
hookahs are quite enjoyable. My sister brought one back for me from Morocco when she visited her husband's family. They arent by any means good for you, but on occasion they are rather delightful
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick