Yeah, my dad(I don't even like to think of him as my father because he is a dick without the racism) is a complete racist. Let's see he hates mainly black people, but he has been known to hate a little of each race except white.

This hatred mainly comes from the fact that he grew up in of all places Detroit during the city wide riots. He claims to have had it bad getting picked on since he was the minority ,but I could imagine that he was a dick to them without being provoked as well. To make things even worse for his case he moved to the better part of Detroit for High school. Which was nothing compared to my mom growing up on the really ****ty part of 8 mile(the street eminem grew up on) and getting over the race issue when she realized she was stupid for not liking a whole race based upon a bunch of hooligans who were black, even though she wasn't that prejudice to begin with.

The icing on the cake is that one of my best friends I have known for years now is black, mexican, and white. I point blank tell him during one of his racist rants " you do realize that I have a black friend right, is he a ****ing hooligan ******" then he replies " no, he probably has more white in him". He also thinks he is a christian, its funny to think of the intense irony. Just ask yourself what would Jesus do.

The point is I ****ing hate the bastard and he somehow thinks that I don't hate him ,even though I usually address him with profanity more often than not. Is it possible to reform him? Do you have a similar situation or parent? And can you blame people like him for their beliefs with their kind of background? I know I can.
Last edited by Zephyr-Chills at Mar 3, 2009,
Its ****ing comedy that a lot of houses in Detroit look like the ****en shacks in Iraq. And we're not even a Third World Country.

**** Detroit.
Quote by Veritas_Saint
Its ****ing comedy that a lot of houses in Detroit look like the ****en shacks in Iraq. And we're not even a Third World Country.

**** Detroit.

surely thats the attitude that let it get in such a state to begin with
agreed **** detroit. however who cares if your dads a racist just ignore him or laugh about it. stop being such a puss. deal with it
Sounds like an idiot...

Go to WalMart and buy new parents?
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Yeah, my dad's a huge racist. He's a dick too. I've come to find that these traits go hand-in hand. Not much you can do about it really, just wait till you can move away from your parents.
I hate that Detroit is in my state. But knowing how bad it is, doesn't make me hate black people. Grand Rapids has black people who hate white people, but I don't blame them. We are assholes.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by Zephyr-Chills
He claims to have had it bad getting picked on since he was the majority.
That's unusual

Dude, people can be racist. It happens a lot.

I am the King of Carrot Flowers

Quote by DartS17
Yeah, my dad's a huge racist. He's a dick too. I've come to find that these traits go hand-in hand. Not much you can do about it really, just wait till you can move away from your parents.

I am really close to leaving, thank god
It just pisses me off because I am related to him.
What would Jesus do?
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
I'm sorry. I don't have a father who is racist. He's more of a bigot towards homosexuals, which I find quite stupid. But, a lot of times, events that happen in a person's life, like those your father experienced, can shape the way a person acts toward others. Also, it can just be the way a person was raised by their own parents. It's just the way humans are unfortunately.

Quote by JungIe
What would Jesus do?

He'd love everyone no matter what.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by JungIe
What would Jesus do?

SOmething to help the condition of D-town. Give the Lions a winning season. And make Ford build not **** vehicles.
Where im from, we hate ****en Germans, French and Russians.

so **** it. everyone hates some form of color.

I hate ******s not Niggas
Quote by DoTheEvolution
SOmething to help the condition of D-town. Give the Lions a winning season. And make Ford build not **** vehicles.

I miss living in Michigan for some reason.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

I miss living in Michigan for some reason.

Ugh, it's in a terrible terrible state right now. We have 10.7 or so per cent unemployment. We have no economy. A lot of places are looking like Flint.

Where in Michigan did you live?
Buy a black hooker for your dad....

worked for me

Dunlop 535Q Wah, Ibanez TS-9, EHX LBM
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25
MXR 6-band EQ, Boss NS-2, Boss PS-5, MXR Phase 90, MXR Carbon Copy

GAS: Micro POG

Quote by Zugunruhe
this was the funniest thing ive seen in the pit for weeks.

^about me
you can't be against racists, that means your prejedice against racists.

Also I'm a racist, don't be hate'n
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Racism arises from the inner caveman inside us. If we are stressed out, our "survival mode" kicks in, and this survival mode includes this little thing that makes us feel comfortable around people who look like us, and to dislike people who don't look like us. It all boils down to and "Us vs. Them" thing then.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Ugh, it's in a terrible terrible state right now. We have 10.7 or so per cent unemployment. We have no economy. A lot of places are looking like Flint.

Where in Michigan did you live?

I knew it was in bad shape, but that's just getting ridiculous. I lived in Hamilton. It's a small little town just south of Holland and Grand Rapids.

didn't read the op but my dad's racially prejudiced. i wouldn't say he's racist but he feels like anyone of color has to prove himself, so he's borderline.

i think its funny, at the family christmas he was arguing with my uncle about politics. both of them know their stuff, they just have very different views, my dad's conservative and my uncle is liberal. after drinking they began talking politics, which never turns out well. long story short, my dad said "I have hope for Obama, I think we need to support our president because Bush certainly didnt get support, and things could have been better with it. But I could never vote for a black man!"

thanks for sharing, dad.

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I knew it was in bad shape, but that's just getting ridiculous. I lived in Hamilton. It's a small little town just south of Holland and Grand Rapids.

that's interesting, i grew up in Big Rapids (about sixty miles north of Grand Rapids) and moved to Muskegon last summer. unemployment in Muskegon is terrible, 18% and rising, supposedly it's the city with the highest unemployment rate in the U.S.

needless to say, it got to the point where i moved back in with my parents in Big Rapids, though I've been here for a little over three weeks and am still hunting for a job.
Last edited by dudius at Mar 3, 2009,
Unfortunately tis very hard to change older folks' views on such subjects. Argue against him a bit when he really pisses you off, but you probably won't change him.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Most of the dads I know are racist.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
your not going to change him. you just gotta accept that, he will change you long before you ever have an effect on him. also... everyone is a racist... you, me, everyone. everyone is bias for/against a race
Quote by Capitalistklok
everyone is a racist... you, me, everyone. everyone is bias for/against a race

what a delightful sentiment

is it a habit of yours to speak for others?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Carswell98
what a delightful sentiment

is it a habit of yours to speak for others?

thats a good question..i was wondering the same thing..ill admit to sometimes being prejudice..and often not on purpose..but im no racist..
Pit answer? Rape.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
race shouldn't matter, it is sad racism is still around today..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
First off no matter what his beliefs are you should not addressing him with "profanity" and such. My father subscribes to racist tendencies also; due to issues he has had with other races. And I also have a black friend(part Spanish). It is wrong especially in a free country to try to reform anyone(think 1984). As long as he doesn't take a shotgun to your friends...then just let him be. He has a right to his beliefs.