Looking for a twelve string guitar. (This is guitar center) I find nothing that's in my price range ($500) that plays any good. I found a few that were decent, but the action was so low and made it hard to play, as well as it just...didn't SOUND like a 12 string, follow me? Anyway. So I go into my local music store (not guitar center) and I go over to the acoustics to look for a 12 string as well, and I found a 12 string version of thiiiis
looks exactly like that, Just with 12 strings.

It played great, it was incredible how great it sounded. But my question is...who else has heard of Garrison? This is my first time and I think I may be going nuts, because this sounded amazing. It was about 420, btw. (haha )
I've never heard of Garrison, but just for aesthetics alone it looks pretty good for $420.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
looks similar to my seagull except with some fancy inlaywork...something i'm not a fan of to be honest.
███████████████████████████████████
Really?I've honestly been dying to have my neck guitar have some weird inlays like that. Those are sort of like...SUPER versions of it though, those look almost really bright. The ones that were in this one, were a darkish green abalone.

Yes, i've got a lot on my mind haha (to the 420)
What kind of materials are on that thing? Solid? Laminate? Both?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
You bought it right??? $420 sounds like a pretty good deal from what your saying.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I'm definitly putting a down payment on it until I can buy it, I've let a lot of amazng cheap guitars go in my past, I won't let this one go.

Soon to be a NGD with a LOOOOT of pictures of it 8D
Quote by captivate
What kind of materials are on that thing? Solid? Laminate? Both?

Um..I'm not sure to be honest. I think it's Laminate, because the body like glistens in the light.

edit: Well I mean the 12th string i was looking at it glistens, that's just a 6 string I found that looks like it.
Last edited by SGlover69 at Mar 3, 2009,
Just because it glistens doesnt mean its a laminate guitar, just means it has a gloss finish. I would do a little bit more research about the guitar before dropping a down payment. If it sounds awesome to you though, then you are narrowing down your search. Talk to the guys at the store and get a bit more info on it, but it sounds like a great guitar.
Quote by Silverstein14
Just because it glistens doesnt mean its a laminate guitar, just means it has a gloss finish. I would do a little bit more research about the guitar before dropping a down payment. If it sounds awesome to you though, then you are narrowing down your search. Talk to the guys at the store and get a bit more info on it, but it sounds like a great guitar.

Well honestly, I could care less about a guitars finish, or any of that. I know the action is high well, not too high, but it's easy to play, and it's fun to play so. Plus, the only other 12 string is about 2k and it's a gibson so.
I GAS'd for a 12 string for a loooong time and was very happy when I succumbed to it.

That feeling lasted less than two weeks. I've since sold it cause I felt guilty that the poor thing didn't get played and was probably last in my list of guitars to play that I owned, or had access to.

Whilst I don't want to put you off your purchase in any way I'm just trying to help you in that you definately want this instrument and you won't make the same mistake I made.

Good luck.
Quote by Free
I GAS'd for a 12 string for a loooong time and was very happy when I succumbed to it.

That feeling lasted less than two weeks. I've since sold it cause I felt guilty that the poor thing didn't get played and was probably last in my list of guitars to play that I owned, or had access to.

Whilst I don't want to put you off your purchase in any way I'm just trying to help you in that you definately want this instrument and you won't make the same mistake I made.

Good luck.

Well, the thing is, I've needed a really good rhythm guitar, and the 12 string can really bring out quite a bit of beauty from really any riff you plan on it, (well to a limit you know lol)

Also, Alex Lifeson is playing a different model, but i'm assuming Garrison is good if he plays that one at least.