Wallow like a giraffe
5 11%
Eat cake
16 36%
Have a smoke
14 31%
Voters: 45.
I'm a puntastic machine, I know.

To the gist and nub of it then...er, and that would be...

There is a lovely place in my area, known as the "Hooters of coffee," in that a bunch of scantily clad scarlet women sling espresso to gawking rednecks. My dilemma is, as a proud barista, I'm one of the porkier girls. I'm starting a passive protest to work there, my hook being that I'll appeal to an *ahem* LARGER demographic.

What thinketh thou, my monkeys of Pittiness? Should I let my meats flow free, stick it to the man, and waddle my way to such an unsavory job? Or, should I turn a blind eye to dated social stigmas and wallow in poverty?
Definitely the turn-a-blind-eye-to-dated-social-stigmas-and-wallow-in-poverty option.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Definitely the turn-a-blind-eye-to-dated-social-stigmas-and-wallow-in-poverty option.

you, sir, have the look of a shrew.
Quote by MakinLattes
you, sir, have the look of a shrew.

I don't know why that would be a bad thing, so I'm going to take this as a compliment. Thanks.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Honestly I wouldn't do it unless you are ready for some possible extremely harsh criticism
All you other brothers can't deny.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't know why that would be a bad thing, so I'm going to take this as a compliment. Thanks.

your sly wit and dry humor have put me in my place. forgive my forward behavior, but why should I be denied employment based on my weight? does the thought of my merrily bouncing gut, covered in steamed milk and syrups, as I hand a customer his drink in some way disgust you?
Quote by MakinLattes
why should I be denied employment based on my weight?

Now, I'm not denying that it's morally wrong. However, as a business, it seems like this place's selling point is that it has thin attractive women. It would come as no surprise that they won't risk their business to challenge the common view of society...unless you had enough money to compensate...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by MakinLattes
your sly wit and dry humor have put me in my place. forgive my forward behavior, but why should I be denied employment based on my weight? does the thought of my merrily bouncing gut, covered in steamed milk and syrups, as I hand a customer his drink in some way disgust you?

Jesus, do you have to talk like that? It's a little bit annoying (maybe that's just me) .

And anyway, back to the topic - go for it, but I gotta warn you, there are a bunch of douchebags out there who will make fun of you. If you take people's bull**** well, there shouldn't be a problem; however, if you are like most other people, being made fun of isn't especially fun and you won't like it.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join
Quote by Xiaoxi
Now, I'm not denying that it's morally wrong. However, as a business, it seems like this place's selling point is that it has thin attractive women. It would come as no surprise that they won't risk their business to challenge the common view of society...unless you had enough money to compensate...

you know, obesity is quite vogue in this valley. I'm sure I'd attract more inbred, momma-luvin' clients, (see: selling point).

edit: ^ I have skin as thick as a cow's. criticism is not unknown to me. I am, in fact, a secret fat activist. it's a passion, like reading Doris Lessing, or soda...

in what way annoying? I am not one to mince words, so pardon my vivid imagery.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by MakinLattes
you know, obesity is quite vogue in this valley. I'm sure I'd attract more inbred, momma-luvin' clients, (see: selling point).

Then just tell them that (with statistical support) and maybe they'll hire you...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Then just tell them that (with statistical support) and maybe they'll hire you...

I could also wear a corset. oh, I need poster paints to make my protest sign.
I'd say go for it. I went to Hooters a long time ago cuz all of my friends wanted to and I would have went there with or without the women working there. Reason being: they have a pool table with orange felt. It was pretty
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
let fly.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I say go for it too, it would be morally wrong for them to turn you down for the job based solely on your weight......but alot of employers make up other 'excuses' as to why they could turn you down.

HakEdit: Oh and I don't have a clue what those poll options refer to....so I just chose marshmellows because I like marshmellows.
Quote by korinaflyingv
If you're a barista, I doubt you're going to be wallowing in poverty. just turn a blind eye

I'm on unemployment... so I'm wallowing as I speak!

well, ho-hum, I'm glad to see most of you approve. I think it would be, dare I say, revolutionary if I were employed there.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'm on unemployment... so I'm wallowing as I speak!

well, ho-hum, I'm glad to see most of you approve. I think it would be, dare I say, revolutionary if I were employed there.

you sound like the owl in animal crossing
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Post a pic that doesn't include skimpy clothing so we can get an idea how large we're talking here
Only do it if you want to. Rednecks can be very nasty when they think nobody will care.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
lol "Member of the Laney Cult"

................./´ /)........./¯ //
..............,/¯// ........./...//
............./...//. ......./¯ //
.........../´¯/'´ ¯/´¯ /.../ /
........./'.../... ./... /.../ //
........('(...´(... ....... ,../'. .')
.........\.......... ..... ..\/..../
..........''...\.... ..... . _.•´
............\....... ..... ..(
..............\..... ..... ....
UPWARD STROKES ARE FOR LOSERS.

OMG! you need to look what stupid people posted in this thread! http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=867076