I was looking for a guitar and i came to 2 guitars
Schecter hellraiser c1 fr
Ibanez S(notsure the black or blue one any of em)

The pickups on the ibanez s is pretty crappy so if i chose ibanez i would switch em.. If i could i would buy the schecter but the neck is soo uncomfortable for me its thick as ..

Any help? would i get use to the neck soon if i buy the schecter?
If ibanez what pickups should i change to??
i have an ibanez s. it's super heavy. i can't even play it anymore because it hurts my shoulder too much. if the hellraiser isn't a solid body you could easily change the neck.
You can adapt to any neck if you just believe!

If you never give up, you never lose!
Bite off more than you can chew, AND CHEW IT!
An obstacle is something you just haven't TORN THROUGH YET
You are awesome, go and prove it!
Even if you fall on your face, you are still moving forward!
YOU HAVE NO LIMITS!

(Are you inspired enough to try a new neck?)
Well the hellraiser is known to be very heavy to and its a set neck or neck thru so no changing necks.. and weird how hte s is heavy when its designed not to be
I would go for the schecter, it is a solid body set neck, so changing the neck isn't really an option, but they're usually built quite well
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
Quote by Emarosa777
i have an ibanez s. it's super heavy. i can't even play it anymore because it hurts my shoulder too much. if the hellraiser isn't a solid body you could easily change the neck.

If an Ibanez S series is "super heavy" to you then you need to hit the gym.Wait,scratch that,you need to go to a hospital and be medically evaluated because there must be something wrong with you.

My vote is or the S series,because like you TS,I can't stand thick and glossy necks.A pup swap is worth it for the increased comfort and playability of the S series IMO.If it were me I'd go with some DiMarzio pups because for some reason Ibanez and Dimarzio are like rum and more rum,they just mix well.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I would pick the hellraiser over the S series Ibanez.

The Ibanez isn't THAT heavy..the hellraiser most likely will weight more. I really don't understand the phobia many have with anything but a guitar made out of balsa wood. Heavier (to an extent) is BETTER. Better sound, and better feel.

I have a Schecter and an Ibanez (RG, not the S)I played an S, and didn't like it as much as an RG...but my Schecter is STILL the most comfortable guitar I have found (I'm assuming your looking mostly at a C-1 Hellraiser...though they have a BUNCH of body styles now for the Hellraiser...6 or more by now)

That said, I DO like the V7 and V8 pickups in my Ibanez...play them before you buy them, you MIGHT just like the stock pups.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Emarosa777

its not heavy at all, you skipped all gym classes in school?

to TS, a ibanez s with pup swap would be better for you, neck comfort is the most important thing imo
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Quote by Pr0gNut

If an Ibanez S series is "super heavy" to you then you need to hit the gym.Wait,scratch that,you need to go to a hospital and be medically evaluated because there must be something wrong with you.

My vote is or the S series,because like you TS,I can't stand thick and glossy necks.A pup swap is worth it for the increased comfort and playability of the S series IMO.If it were me I'd go with some DiMarzio pups because for some reason Ibanez and Dimarzio are like rum and more rum,they just mix well.

May i say all the above is quite true.
The S is essentialy a Mohagany pillow.
It is light to me but then again i have strong shoulders.
Feel is more important than sound as sound can be changed.
You can fix the sound quality with new pups.

Which is much more logical than getting a new neck.
Might add the ZR trem is excellant!
oh no... not mixed views again !!! haha what am i meant to do.. by the way what dimarzios are good for the S? D-Activators?
Ibanez all the way.
You said so yourself, the Schecter is uncomfortable. Why buy a guitar thats uncomfortable to play when you could get one that feels good, even if it does need a pickup swap?
Comfort = easier playing.

EDIT: about the pickups; what genres are you going to be playing most?
Last edited by littlephil at Mar 3, 2009,
I don't Recomend Dactivators.
Drop sonic in the bridge with Air Norton in the neck is a great combo for metal.
Which im assuming you play from your choise in guitars.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I don't Recomend Dactivators.
Drop sonic in the bridge with Air Norton in the neck is a great combo for metal.
Which im assuming you play from your choise in guitars.

This is a good suggestion.The Steve's Special is also a very nice and articulate pup for metal and harder genres.I personally use a D-sonic 7 and PAF7 in my 7 string and a Steve's special/Steve Morse sig neck pup in my Warmoth soloist.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

wow thanks for all the replies! For the pickups i play metal but i want a good pickup for sweeping and alternate picking stuff. Im not that good yet but i hopefully will soon. Oh yer and high gain my guitar at the moment has an emg 81 in it.
whats up? If it were me Id have to get the hellraiser. But only because I like the way they look. Other than that, Id the Ibanez would be what I paid for. But only because I am partial to them.
I'm having a hard time believing this is even an issue. You can replace poor pickups. A (set) neck, however, is for life.
Quote by ch0
I'm having a hard time believing this is even an issue. You can replace poor pickups. A (set) neck, however, is for life.

+1

I also don't believe that you think the S is heavy...my vote goes for the S, I'm not a huge fan of schecters because of their necks.
hellraiser with EMG's
Then S(new pickups needed, as standard ones have crap harmonics) or Prestige RG around same price(low end ones)
Then something else in pricerange, Jackson, LTD, ESP?
Then Low end RG's.
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
it's not like i'm weak or anything, i'm just saying it's heavier than a guitar should be. i have a shecter bass and some pos dean guitar and they're both as light as air. and all my other friends guitars are much lighter than the s. and anyone who plays my s agrees that its way too heavy. my friend has an iceman and i like it way more than the s or hellraiser even though it might be a little more.
If the Ibanez feels better to play, I would definitely go for that one. I think that comfort exceeds pick-up sound, because as you said yourself, that can always be changed. It might even be a good thing if you customize your guitar and make it your own, after all. Prepare ye for a bad analogy! It's like if you were attempting to purchase a car; if one was smoother and much better to drive, but came only in vomit green and the other car felt nowhere near as good, but came in a wide variety of colours - for example, your favourite deep pink - then wouldn't it be worth it to take the former and just paint over it or something? For an expensive "long term investment" such as this, I think it's worth it to choose what exudes more comfort and natural-ness of ease.

EDIT: I almost forgot to add that, of course, it doesn't necessarily have to be your last purchase, so who cares?! Go ahead and experiment a little. It's not like you can never buy another guitar after this.
I'm sold on the Schecters. I understand what you mean about the neck. But for the price, you get a solid guitar with the Schecter. The EMG pups in the Hellraiser are sweet.
just outta curiosity, how thick is the schecter's neck compared to say... an epiphone?
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3
Quote by synguitarist7x
just outta curiosity, how thick is the schecter's neck compared to say... an epiphone?

It's really not as thick as people make it out to be. The biggest difference is how round the necks are. It is definitely thinner than an epiphone.
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's really not as thick as people make it out to be. The biggest difference is how round the necks are. It is definitely thinner than an epiphone.

really? thinner than epiphone? everyone says they are like baseball bats.

thanks.
**GEAR**

Epiphone G-400 Tony Iommi Left Handed
Custom Epiphone Les Paul 100 Left Handed w/ EMG 81/85
Johnson Acoustic Left Handed
Line 6 Spider Valve 112 w/ FBV Pedal
BOSS DS-1 and AC-3