Poll: You're most likely able to get in a band if you are a..
Poll Options
View poll results: You're most likely able to get in a band if you are a..
Singer/Vocalist
67 24%
Guitarist
39 14%
Bassist
60 21%
Drummer
107 38%
Keyboard
2 1%
Other...
6 2%
Voters: 281.
Page 1 of 2
poll^^^^^
Personally I think a good singer is hard to come by and a bad one pretty much breaks the band
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Mar 3, 2009,
if you're a Poll? you got a problem with polish people?
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
O:

drummer. if you play keys and can't find a band, you're screwed.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Last edited by mikko 9119 at Mar 3, 2009,
Drummer.

Everyone is looking for a drummer.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I voted keyboard, because nobody ****ing plays keyboards anymore. I've been looking for a keyboard player for like 2 years now and so far nobody decent has turned up.
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
im surprise drummer is hardest to find..Personally i know like 4 very decent drummers at my local area with no bands..probably why i think that way
27mMoV31II7.a2
turntables lololololololol

But seriously a drummer is pretty hard to come by, but I guess if you must you can just get a drum machine for demos and EPs, etc.
Drummer, and if you find one sometimes they just dont want to join. atm i know like 3 drummers. not that close with em. Bassists are a little easier to come by than anything else. Guitarists. THERES TOO DAMN MANY OF US! but if you find a guitarist that can do vocals thats pretty epic.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
I put vocalist because lolrofl @ drummers my computer can do the same thing they can and has less of an attitude.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Bassist.

Most people in my area are guitarists. There are quite a few mediocre bassists, however if you were good you'd get in a band quite easily.
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
Singers and guitarists are a dime for two dozen, a fair amount suck at what they do but all things considered it's pretty easy to find a singer or guitarist that would be right for your band. Just about any other instrumentalist is a different story, bass player, keyboardist, violinist, cellist, etc. you can find these musicians but it's definitely a chore. Now drummers, when you're forming a new band the thought very well may cross your mind that they've gone extinct, I'll jam with any and every drummer that's willing, cause where I'm from they are the rarest breed. I've had the pleasure of jamming with some very very talented drummers, but the way things are I wouldn't mind forming a band with a novice drummer. So long as they could keep a beat, there is no problem.
Drummer, followed by bassist. I only know three drummers and a handful of bassists. Guitarists are all over the place, even though most of them are showoffs. Decent vocalists aren't too hard to come by, really...
DnB is the real deal in this situation!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

I think it's easiest to find a band if you play multiple instruments...or all of them.

Quote by david_highland
the way things are I wouldn't mind forming a band with a novice drummer. So long as they could keep a beat, there is no problem.

I feel like that's what AC/DC said when they formed.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Last edited by Spoony_Bard at Mar 3, 2009,
Drummer. Cause like everyone else said, you rarely find someone that plays drums, let alone someone that plays them well.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Drummer.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
It's between bassists and drummers. In my year at university (studying music, of course) there are first study bassists and about 4 first study drummers. That's out of about 50 people. The majority of the rest are guitarists. There's a few classically trained instrumentalists and about 6 vocalists.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Accordion player..
I'm sensing a huge influx of bands who will be demanding it
Well thing is, it's even worse the other way around. It seems to be pretty easy to find a band for guitarists that are just starting, but I've been playing for almost 12 years capable of playing more styles than you can think of and they're not exactly fighting to get me.
Luckily I've got a band now but it's been a long time and it was a real hard time getting em all together. We probably need a new bassist, those are the hardest imo.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
I voted for other, and my answer is it's easiest to find a band if you're a hot girl.....

Failing that, I've found vocalists and drummers hardest to come by
Singers are pretty common around here, so it's hardest to find a band when you're a singer. Screamers, on the other hand, are extremely rare. Bassists are hard-ish to find, drummers are pretty tough, rhythm guitarists are more common than singers, but good lead guitarists are basically non-exsistant. (Save for people like TheShroom420)
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
i find singer as i can play all the other instruments(/gloating) but i can't sing for shit.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Drummers and Bassists.

Where i live there is an amazing lack of bassists, and alot of local bands are actually looking for new bassists...

(Keeps hopes up)
It's definitely bassists for me. :/ Can't find any at all.

Although if your a guitarist, although there are much more of us, there's always the possibility of fitting another guitarist in the band, as opposed to the other instruments. So, swings and roundabouts.
Bass player.

I played guitar for years looking for bands, then started playing bass and found 5 different bands to play with.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Quote by gallagher2006
The Drummer to Musician ratio is about 1:2472856273402 - So I imagine a drummer

I should point out that drummers are musicians too

I also chose drummer

I know they are about as common as unicorns in this neck of the woods
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Singers are pretty common around here, so it's hardest to find a band when you're a singer. Screamers, on the other hand, are extremely rare. Bassists are hard-ish to find, drummers are pretty tough, rhythm guitarists are more common than singers, but good lead guitarists are basically non-exsistant. (Save for people like TheShroom420)

Theres about 3 screamers to every singer out here. You cant find a singer who doesnt scream.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Page 1 of 2