I posted this simply cause i want to do some covers of "Death" , so i need to know the equipment he uses. So far i know he uses a solidstate amp which was a Marshall Valvestate which I'll use a solid Crate amp for it instead, DiMarzio X2N which i'll compensate with Blackout Actives instead. I know he tunes down a step to D standard. But i have no idea on what pedals IF any that he uses so thats what i need help with that and anything else i need to know so, i would REALLY appreciate it if anyone could help.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Marshall valvestate 8100/8200 models nail his tone, as for effects i would take a guess with a Phaser of some description, that normally creeps up on a lot of Death tracks.

Apart from that i think he had a very basic setup.
Effects wise a phaser and a harmonizer like a super shifter or whammy and some chorus would work. But live Chuck didn't really use all of those effects
GEAR
Guitars: LTD V401DX, USA Jackson King V (pre-fender), Knock off Jackson Kelly
Pick ups: EMGs, Seymour Duncans
Amp: Randall RG100SC w/ matching cab
Boss and Dunlop Electronics
cool thanks, luckily i have a phaser, but i dont have a harmonizer or chorus. ill have to look into that, and i wouldnt want to have to buy a whole new amp like that marshall, by any chance you think a good SS amp like a Crate would do?
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by heretic-clown
cool thanks, luckily i have a phaser, but i dont have a harmonizer or chorus. ill have to look into that, and i wouldnt want to have to buy a whole new amp like that marshall, by any chance you think a good SS amp like a Crate would do?

I would go Randall but that is just a bias. An amp comes down to how you make it sound. If you wanna make it sound like Chucks gear, sit there and play around with the settings till it sounds like Sounds of Perseverance. I know the Boss Supershifter goes for about 120 bucks CDN but you can get them cheaper if you find them used
GEAR
Guitars: LTD V401DX, USA Jackson King V (pre-fender), Knock off Jackson Kelly
Pick ups: EMGs, Seymour Duncans
Amp: Randall RG100SC w/ matching cab
Boss and Dunlop Electronics
Quote by Menza_
I would go Randall but that is just a bias. An amp comes down to how you make it sound. If you wanna make it sound like Chucks gear, sit there and play around with the settings till it sounds like Sounds of Perseverance. I know the Boss Supershifter goes for about 120 bucks CDN but you can get them cheaper if you find them used

ill just play with what i got and use the phaser and other stuff yall said, if i cant then ill just see about that marshall goes for, thanks a bunch
Yeah you should be ok with the Crate for a while, it's just a case of getting the EQ right. Keep playing with it really.
It should work well, It isnt really that hard to get his tone and i think his marshalls were SS anyway.