Page 1 of 7
marchoso
Boom
1,393 IQ
For those of you that have had submissions pending for weeks or months, please post them here and it will be sorted as quickly as possible.

Provide all of the necessary information on your entry. I.E. the title, the subject, what was being reviewed, etc.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
Just thought I'd add the typical reasons why your submissions may not have been yet accepted.

If your review falls under any of the following categories then there's nothing we can do until it does not:

Quote by PiCSeL

It might happen because of:

1) This CD is not released yet
2) We're waiting for proffessional review first
3) Too much reviews pending
4) I can't find info about the subject of review
5) smth else

PM me with title and category of your review, please. I'll check it and tell you the exact reason.

Thank you.
Tom Colohue is a writer from Blackpool, England, recognisable for his integrative descriptive work and his cynical textual mannerisms.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
PiCSeL
pedobear
281 IQ
Good idea, marchoso. I'll periodically watch this thread for user requests.
fgsfds
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Hi guys. I submitted a review for a CD over a month ago, back in January. The 29th, to be specific. Usually my reviews are accepted (or in some cases, rejected) in a prompt and timely fashion. But there has been no word on this review yet. It is for "In The Halls of Awaiting" by Insomnnium. The Sunday after I submitted the review, I submitted a tab which was approved within a day.

I'd just like to know what happened to my review, and whether it will be accepted or not. Thanks.
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
Hi guys. I submitted a review for a CD over a month ago, back in January. The 29th, to be specific. Usually my reviews are accepted (or in some cases, rejected) in a prompt and timely fashion. But there has been no word on this review yet. It is for "In The Halls of Awaiting" by Insomnnium. The Sunday after I submitted the review, I submitted a tab which was approved within a day.

I'd just like to know what happened to my review, and whether it will be accepted or not. Thanks.

At current we only have one review for Insomnium, which can be found here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/compact_discs/insomnium/above_the_weeping_world/index.html

First I suggest you check to make sure you've spelt it all correctly as, in your post, you spelt it wrong.

Goggle says the album was released in 2004, but we still don't have a professional review done. If we're waiting on one then it might take a while longer. The band are not exactly mainstream and thus of little importance in reviews. However, for the same reason it might not need a professional review. Give PiCSeL a little time to handle it.
Tom Colohue is a writer from Blackpool, England, recognisable for his integrative descriptive work and his cynical textual mannerisms.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Quote by Colohue
At current we only have one review for Insomnium, which can be found here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/compact_discs/insomnium/above_the_weeping_world/index.html

First I suggest you check to make sure you've spelt it all correctly as, in your post, you spelt it wrong.

Goggle says the album was released in 2004, but we still don't have a professional review done. If we're waiting on one then it might take a while longer. The band are not exactly mainstream and thus of little importance in reviews. However, for the same reason it might not need a professional review. Give PiCSeL a little time to handle it.

Aye, my mistake. I thought that something was spelled wrong, but I was typing through my phone so I couldn't be arsed to double check. But I didn't need to worry about double checking when I was submitting the review, as I selected the band name from a list. Oh, and you spelled Google wrong

Also, Since The Day It All Came Down was the album that was released in 2004. I plan on doing a review for that one soon. The review I submitted was for their 2002 debut release.

I understand that it isn't of much mainstream importance, but then again, neither was It Dies Today's debut EP or Dimension Zero's last album. However, both of those reviews were accepted pretty quickly.

I PM'd PiCSeL about a week ago or so, but I didn't get any response.

I just don't want it to end up getting lost and forgotten, that's all. It's not even on my contributions page anymore.
cleptobismal
355 IQ
I submitted a lesson on sweeping technique (not the other three) and it hasn't been accepted yet.

PICSel told me to PM him the title and category, so i did, but I haven't got any reply.

The lesson is on this forum, and I submitted it as Learn to Sweep Technique.

Also I was told that the three lessons would be approved weekly, and the third hasn't been approved yet either.

whats up?
ZeGuitarist
Ambitious but rubbish
3,449 IQ
Quote by cleptobismal
I submitted a lesson on sweeping technique (not the other three) and it hasn't been accepted yet.

PICSel told me to PM him the title and category, so i did, but I haven't got any reply.

The lesson is on this forum, and I submitted it as Learn to Sweep Technique.

Also I was told that the three lessons would be approved weekly, and the third hasn't been approved yet either.

whats up?

When did you PM him? Also, when was your third lesson due? Because PiCSeL has been out of office due to illness recently... that might explain why your work hasn't been reviewed on time.
cleptobismal
355 IQ
Quote by ZeGuitarist
When did you PM him? Also, when was your third lesson due? Because PiCSeL has been out of office due to illness recently... that might explain why your work hasn't been reviewed on time.

Sometime in the last two weeks, to answer both questions
Xeron Brigs
UG's Structural Realist
508 IQ
I sent in a review for the DVD "Church of Tiamat" by the band Tiamat around January 3rd or so. It has retained the status of "Waiting" ever since then.

Keep up the good work Mods, this site wouldn't work without you guys!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
ZeGuitarist
Ambitious but rubbish
3,449 IQ
Quote by cleptobismal
Sometime in the last two weeks, to answer both questions

In that exact period, PiCSeL has been ill... so I guess that is the reason he didn't get to review your work, and right now he's probably still working his way through the pile of work that accumulated while he was gone.
If you must, you can PM him again (he'll be here this time!), but probably just waiting is enough...
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
Quote by Xeron Brigs
I sent in a review for the DVD "Church of Tiamat" by the band Tiamat around January 3rd or so. It has retained the status of "Waiting" ever since then.

Google provides plenty of info, but at current we have no reviews for it here.

My guess is likely backlog. Since it's a 2005 release I doubt we're still waiting on a professional review.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

ch153
69 IQ
Hey! About a little over a month ago, I submitted a review for my guitar. Its a Peavey Mystic. And it still hasnt been approved yet. I was just wondering why it hasent been approved yet. Usually my other reviews got accepted between a week and two weeks. So if you could try to check in on that....that would be nice.
Joshm3r275
loves charizard
211 IQ
I recently sent in a review for my guitar, a 2004 Schecter Tempest Semi-Hollow 1. I put alot of work into it, and i was just wondering how long it usually took to be approved? I don't want to come off as selfish though, and i don't mind waiting.

EDIT:
Electric Guitar Review
Maker: Schecter
Model:Schecter TSH-1 (Tempest Semi-Hollow 1)
Submitted by: Joshm3r275
Last edited by Joshm3r275 at Mar 8, 2009,
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
How long ago was it Josh?

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Joshm3r275
loves charizard
211 IQ
i tried to submit it about three weeks ago, and something must have happened, as when i tried to submit around three weeks ago it never got checked, and randomly vanished from my contributions list. i put in the review for a second time last week i believe (i could be wrong, it has been a real confusing two weeks for me)
HWFG1
222 IQ
Alright, I submitted a review of Lewis vs Clark's CD "Selah" around a month ago. I PM'd PiCSeL, didn't get a reply. Can I assume that he's either working his way through it after his recent illness or the band is too obscure to warrant a review?
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
JustLikeMe
169 IQ
jetfuel495: CD, "In The Halls of Awaiting" - Submitted
Xeron Brigs: DVD, "Church of Tiamat" - Submitted
ch153: Guitar, Peavey Mystic - Submitted
Joshm3r275: Electric Guitar, TSH-1 - Submitted
HWFG1: CD, "Selah" - Submitted

Thank you, guys!
Drool_Mouse
God-like perfection
1,549 IQ
I had a review submitted, for an album (CD) it was about 3 weeks ago, now

"My So Called Knife" by Lollipop Lust Kill

Thanks!
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Hey, I've got a few things really.
I submitted two reviews last month for some bands that aren't that well known, and as such didn't have a category already. A review for Brazen Bull's S/T EP and a review for sleepmakeswaves "In Today Already Walks Tomorrow" EP. It's been over a month for the BB review and a few weeks for the SWM review. Just bringing it up 'cause I was worried they might have gotten lost in the mire.

Also, this is a different thing really, but my review for After The Burial's "Rareform" CD got accepted and put up twice for some reason.

Thanks.
cleptobismal
355 IQ
Quote by ZeGuitarist
In that exact period, PiCSeL has been ill... so I guess that is the reason he didn't get to review your work, and right now he's probably still working his way through the pile of work that accumulated while he was gone.
If you must, you can PM him again (he'll be here this time!), but probably just waiting is enough...

I don't doubt that he's behind in stuff due to his illness, but I've PM'd him twice since last week about the lessons he said he would approve, and I haven't gotten any reply, or approval.

Is there someone else who can approve them, or what?

sry if that came out negatively
ZeGuitarist
Ambitious but rubbish
3,449 IQ
Quote by cleptobismal
I don't doubt that he's behind in stuff due to his illness, but I've PM'd him twice since last week about the lessons he said he would approve, and I haven't gotten any reply, or approval.

Is there someone else who can approve them, or what?

sry if that came out negatively

It looks like this guy is the latest addition to the article approving team... Maybe you could PM him, and ask him why PiCSeL isn't responding, as well as linking him to your contribution?

And you don't come of as negative or rude or anything, as long as you keep in mind that the team is doing their very best to keep everything up to date. Nobody would ignore your submission on purpose...
JustLikeMe
169 IQ
Magero, There are no review for Brazen Bull, so submit it again if you want, and I'll approve it shortly. Sleepmakeswaves "In Today Already Walks Tomorrow" - approved. Thank you for telling about that bug with "Rareform", fixed.
JustLikeMe
169 IQ
Quote by ZeGuitarist
It looks like this guy is the latest addition to the article approving team... Maybe you could PM him, and ask him why PiCSeL isn't responding, as well as linking him to your contribution?

And you don't come of as negative or rude or anything, as long as you keep in mind that the team is doing their very best to keep everything up to date. Nobody would ignore your submission on purpose...
That's right
cleptobismal: lesson "Learn to Sweep Technique" - approved
Last edited by JustLikeMe at Mar 13, 2009,
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
Glad to have you on board, and nice to see you've already found a place where you can be a tremendous benefit.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Rebelw/outaCord
rebel without a chord
421 IQ
I submitted a review last week I think for the EMG KFK set. There's a "W" next to it when I look at my profile. That means it's pending, right?
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Colohue
227 views to 60000!
1,554 IQ
It does.

A = accepted
W = waiting
D = denied

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Quote by JustLikeMe
Magero, There are no review for Brazen Bull, so submit it again if you want, and I'll approve it shortly. Sleepmakeswaves "In Today Already Walks Tomorrow" - approved. Thank you for telling about that bug with "Rareform", fixed.

Damn
I was hoping the BB one would accept, because I forgot to save it first
Did it just not send? Like, come up blank or something?
Either way, thanks for getting the other fixed
djk55
UG's Freak On a Leash
299 IQ
Mine's taking forever too and should have been done maybe yesterday.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
dandhjohn
Celtic Bard
2,308 IQ
Instrument Reviews Bass: Gibson: EB-3

Instrument Reviews Acoustic: Guild: D46

These reviews have been up for close to three weeks. There also seems to be a problem with the listing for reviews where each of these would be posted. I reported that in another Forum thread on site problems.
Last edited by dandhjohn at Mar 15, 2009,
marchoso
Boom
1,393 IQ
Quote by djk55
Mine's taking forever too and should have been done maybe yesterday.

How about some details?
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
rikigo
Kind des schwarzen Felsen
4,585 IQ
Hi UG,

I submitted an article/ review to UG of Overloud's' 'TH1' some weeks ago ...and the current status remains at 'W' (waiting)?

Could you please find out 'what's up' as the software has had a recent 'feature update' that I'd like to add to that review?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Richard
rikigo

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo..."
- Richard Wright (1908 - 1960)
cleptobismal
355 IQ
Quote by JustLikeMe
That's right
cleptobismal: lesson "Learn to Sweep Technique" - approved

Thanks, there's also another lesson that was supposed to be approved named Learn to Sweep pt 3

PiCSel said the three part lesson would be put out one ate a time every week

also, could you make the headlines bold and yellow, that's how the other lessons are done. And in the beneficial tips section on the lesson you already approved, the second tip I hyphenated was supposed to be a bullet, could you possibly drop it down a line or two.

sry if that didn't make any sense...
JustLikeMe
169 IQ
Quote by Colohue
Glad to have you on board, and nice to see you've already found a place where you can be a tremendous benefit.

Thank you. Nice to see you doing good job here too
ZeGuitarist
Ambitious but rubbish
3,449 IQ
Quote by JustLikeMe
Thank you. Nice to see you doing good job here too

Thanks for helping out I'll be around a lot as well, not now but soon...
JustLikeMe
169 IQ
dandhjohn:
Gibson: EB-3 - accepted
Guild: D46 - accepted

rikigo:
Overloud's' 'TH1' - I sent it back to you for some fixes and yes you can add new information to your review.
JustLikeMe
169 IQ
Quote by cleptobismal
Thanks, there's also another lesson that was supposed to be approved named Learn to Sweep pt 3

PiCSel said the three part lesson would be put out one ate a time every week

also, could you make the headlines bold and yellow, that's how the other lessons are done. And in the beneficial tips section on the lesson you already approved, the second tip I hyphenated was supposed to be a bullet, could you possibly drop it down a line or two.

sry if that didn't make any sense...

lesson "Learn to Sweep Technique" - fixed
Learn To Sweep. Pt 3 - accepted. And please don't use "Enter" after every single string next time. Only for new paragraphs. Course I have to delete 'em.
metallicafan616
Feminist
3,428 IQ
a while ago i put in a few reveiws, i know i did my guitarr a Vintage Warp and either abigail or the puppet master albums, perhaps both, i can't remember now. they still havent been approved or rejected. when will they be?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
rikigo
Kind des schwarzen Felsen
4,585 IQ
Dear 'Articles' Admin,

'Happy to amend article as suggested re 'TH1' ...but as the HTML article was edited direct onto the proscribed PAGE, as such ...I don't have a "back-up" of it, to reflect on the comments made ...or to edit it (i.e. there's No Link just a greyed-out 'D'.

Could someone please send me a copy via the internal email? ...Or to my registered email address?

Many thanks.

Regards,
:-R

Quote by rikigo
Hi UG,

I submitted an article/ review to UG of Overloud's' 'TH1' some weeks ago ...and the current status remains at 'W' (waiting)?

Could you please find out 'what's up' as the software has had a recent 'feature update' that I'd like to add to that review?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Richard
rikigo

"I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo..."
- Richard Wright (1908 - 1960)