just a random question... any idea why the pick guard and and the bridge look a bit different ? since their both the same model

One looks like an update or 'refreshed design' - different machine heads (tuners), different headcolouring, different inlays, electronics in a different position, - need I go on? - OK then, probably made in a different factory in a different country in a different continent, by different people of a different religion - it's a different same one - OK?. ;-)

Dave the Rave - "You can't sack me! - I'm Sack-less!"

Yamaha FGX412
Takamine CEB
Roland Cube
Korg Tuner CA-30
Couple of 1960's Echo Super Vampers mouth harps.
(. . . plus a cheap Rogue black Dread'nt 6 String and a black Mandolin in USA)
i was planning on buyin this guitar... but for some reason the first model looks a bit cheap ... maybe I am a bit retarded ))
One may be an older model - but that won't necessarily make it worse and may mean you can negotiate a better discount.

I would buy the one that ;

a) Felt comfortable to play
b) Sounded best to my ear
c) Offered the best deal

I have considered buying the Dreadnought non electric vesion of this.

According to oppinion they are good guitars for the money, and I have never read a bad review.

If you type the name and model number into Google it will probably come up with a 'Harmony Central' review. (Don't go via the index on thir website, because it only lists a few Alverez guitars under 'A')

Dave the Rave - "You can't sack me! - I'm Sack-less!"

Yamaha FGX412
Takamine CEB
Roland Cube
Korg Tuner CA-30
Couple of 1960's Echo Super Vampers mouth harps.
(. . . plus a cheap Rogue black Dread'nt 6 String and a black Mandolin in USA)
In the larger pic, they redesigned the bridge to more closely match the looks of the DC(direct coupled) bridge that's on the Yairi line. As for the pickguard, it's just an updated look is all. Note: The bridge on the Alverez line is not the DC style, it's shaped to resemble it only. The true DC bridge is two separate pieces of wood. I've asked the powers that be at Alverez to change their descriptions on their site, but no luck so far. I don't mod there much anymore, and this is one of the reasons. I'm not a fan of misinformation.
oook so... i just phoned them and the guy said he doesn't know anything about that picture and how it looks different also told them how it might be an outdated look and the guy said they've just received a shipment from the manufacturer 2 weeks ago... so I think I am good to go...

btw ty for all the replies