Alright so I'm trying to get the same kind of work I have right now somewhere else... the application the company I want to work for has a spot asking if they may contact that employer.

I don't want to put "no" cause then it looks like I'm hiding something. But on the other hand, if I put "yes" would they contact them and possibly get me fired (would that get me fired???)

I haven't told my bosses anything about looking for work cause I have a great job at present, it's just that I need to move to LA
Don't check the box that asks if you are employed by that place or not.

Altering the truth on applications is just one of those things that you must do sometime.
Quote by offspring_punk
9/10 Bobo Jenkins just sounds godly in general. I think I'll name my firstborn child that. Male or female.
who cares if your current employer knows you're looking for a job,they cant fire you for that, just put yes and let them contact them and if you get the new job then great mission accomplished. good luck
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Its true, just make yourself seem as good as humanly possible, screw the truth alter it as much as you can get away with get the job you want get payed go home.
Quote by Bobo Jenkins

Altering the truth on applications is just one of those things that you must do sometime.

But doesn't it look better if I put I'm still working there than if it looks like I quit after 5 months for no apparent reason?

There's no box like that. I either worked there from XXX date to XXX date or I started in XXX and am still working there.
they cant fire you for looking for a job. im sure if you tell him your circumstances your boss/manager should be quite understanding.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
if you check "no," an employer shouldnt use that against you for the reason you stated. you may be looking for a job and don't want your current employer to know. that's what i learned in class, anyway.
You will be fine. Just say the place went out of business, haha. As your reason for leaving. You didn't get fired, You didn't just leave.

Recession creates inconvenient truths for businesses that can't keep up.
Quote by offspring_punk
9/10 Bobo Jenkins just sounds godly in general. I think I'll name my firstborn child that. Male or female.
Quote by Bobo Jenkins

Do this. If you want to look like you quit your job with no prior notice and also without having another job lined up.

In other words, that's a stupid idea. An employer can't tell another employer anything about you in the first place. They can only verify the information you give. Just have a good reason for leaving tell the new place you can't start for two weeks.
You're*