When I close my left ear with my hand and listen to real life sounds with my right, it sounds like it's underwater And to make it worse, I got hit by a soccer ball in the left side of my face and I think the impact took away a little hearing in my left but I can't tell that well cause I have nothing to compare it with.

I can still hear through both earphones for music though, prolly cause the music coming out of music players is of a relatively low volume.

So anyway, let's discuss the looming perpetual deafness that will plague us all at age 35.

summary: any preventions? cureeezz????
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Try an Ear,Nose and Troat Doctor? I always think my ears hear in diffrent volumes, but i tell myself im just being paranoid. Im 21 and I bet im deaf before 22.
...what's the 60/60 rule?

60% volume you mean? :-o

I think i'm going to reseach a bit on that....I usually hear of hearing loss as being coupled with a "ringing" noise....and I have never had that...
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Laces Out Danny

I think i'm going to reseach a bit on that....I usually hear of hearing loss as being coupled with a "ringing" noise....and I have never had that...

Tinnitus? I somtimes get it when everythings really quiet, like bedtime. They say it never goes away but I havnt noticed it for a long time
earwax man

eww
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
If you are worried that you're having problems with your ears, you should visit a doctor or something.
This fall I was on my 'sesjon' (interviews, IQ test and check up for (at least) mandatory one year military service), and I got the highest grade possible on both my listening and seeing. Didn't get enrolled though, because I had a period of a couple of years with epileptic seizures when I was 10-12.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
one of my old roommates is basically deaf in one ear from a busted eardrum, i think? he's had a few surgeries on it, but he has to go again soon. they basically take a piece of skin and make a new eardrum for him, then after a certain period of time, he'll go back so they can attach the bone to the new eardrum. his hearing won't be great, but it will still be a lot better than before.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Quote by Le_Bunny
60:60 rule was something I heard of a few times and seems legit. Meaning, don't leave your earphones in longer than 60 minutes, at maximum 60% the mp3's volume capacity.

It's common sense, basically.

Well I'll break it to you then, the bad things about earphones isn't just the volume. It's the fact that the sounds are too close to your eardrums. You will be ruïning your ears no matter what whenever you use them.

edit: and while I'm at it, headphones are the same thing.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by Laces Out Danny

I've read that the ringing noise is actually quite normal, everyone can have it.
It SHOULD only occur rarely and last a few seconds or so, if it happens more often and goes on longer that means your hearing is going down the drain.
Or at least that's something I read once somewhere....Yeah, usefull eh?
Last edited by MarauderNL at Mar 3, 2009,
You sound alarmingly like fassa...
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Just blast 'em both completely and then get hearing aids
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
I, for one, know that, when a medical issue arises, my first instinct is to run to a goddamn internet message board instead of, like, a doctor or someone who knows things.

*reported*
You're*