What are the differences between the Laney LC15 and the Laney VC15? Which one is better? Are they reliable? I heard they overheat easily. anyway i play blues, punk rock, classic rock, metal, funk and my guitars are Fender american standard strat and epiphone les paul standard. it doesn't have to have much gain cuz ill use pedals for metal. Which one should i buy?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I dunno if this transfers itself down to the 15 Watters but with the 30's the LC was american voiced and the VC was british. According to the Laney thread (which you should check out) the Laney sounded harsh when cranked but I didn't get to crank them in the shop for obvious reasons.

Hope that helps, but really check out the thread, I'll try and post a link.

Here it is;

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963451&highlight=laney
Last edited by Free at Mar 3, 2009,
well how about the Laney VC15 and the Fender Blues Junior? which one is better ?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
LC: American voiced - more gain than VC.
VC: British voiced - nicer cleans than LC.
404: Sig not found.
Quote by holycow
well how about the Laney VC15 and the Fender Blues Junior? which one is better ?

I'm guessing that this isn't for gigging and if so then neither of these amps are going to suit you for the styles of music you play.

You'll be able to get nice blues out of the blues junior but you're going to have crank them both up for classic rock stuff. And they're extremely loud, your neighbours won't be pleased. You could always buy a nice overdrive pedal and that'll get you nice tones at lower volumes but to really appreciate the tube amp sound you're going to have to crank it up. And then of course that pushes your budget too.

If I were you I'd stick with the cube and the ME until you're ready to gig. It'll easy handle all your tones across the range of styles you've mentioned and then buy something with 30W tubes that suits the style of the band when you're ready.

If it is for gigging and you'll be playing unmic'ed then you may want to consider 30W.