Page 1 of 4
Hey,

I was wondering who you guys think is the most underrated guitarist? There's always forums about the most overrated but not the underrated.

I think I probably top the list as I am pretty pro and not many people know me.

Discuss!
Search bar
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Search bar

the idea is that i get people's opinions, i dont just want to go to some random forum, i'd rather start my own cos its mildly interesting and i like finding people's opinion on them. go away with this "search bar" crap please.
I'd have to say...

Search Bar
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I would say Chris Cheney from the Living end and Brian Setzer from Stray Cats. Hands down THE most underated guitarists ever!

and if metal is your thing, then Glenn Tipton and K.K Downing from Judas Priest.
Quote by bucketmark
I'd have to say...

Search Bar

i'd have to say, get a life. why would you post on a forum if you're not going to answer the question? it shows you have nothing better to do with your time than sit at your computer. leave this forum and don't come back in thanks.
Quote by Ironpriest
I would say Chris Cheney from the Living end and Brian Setzer from Stray Cats. Hands down THE most underated guitarists ever!

and if metal is your thing, then Glenn Tipton and K.K Downing from Judas Priest.

im the same for chris cheney!!!! he's such a great guitarist, and he has actually made me say i like some sort of country music lol, cos he plays great country solos. he plays everything with such ease as well. hes a great guitarist
haha Its rockabilly not country!! Definitley look at Stray Cats if you like his style, Chris basically stole all Setzers licks and punked them up!

Plus Chris is from Melbourne, which is an hour away from where I live, woot!
i'd say billie joe armstrong from green day
he's often blamed for writing powerchord driven songs...but hear his old songs from 1,039/smoothed out slappy hour...the solos are like...woooww..
Beer is fine.
Quote by Ironpriest
haha Its rockabilly not country!! Definitley look at Stray Cats if you like his style, Chris basically stole all Setzers licks and punked them up!

Plus Chris is from Melbourne, which is an hour away from where I live, woot!

lol rockabilly, country, its all the same (not really but ill say it since i said it was country :P). i saw living end live in canberra and he was awesome, they didnt play wake up though lol, was a bit disappointed, but thats what you get from 1 hour sets. Ill check out Setzer then, thanks dude.
Billie Joe is a HUGE influence on me. he is perfect at choosing his powerchords wisely. He doesn't fall into all the cliche's that waaaayyyy too many pop rock bands fall into.
Quote by sum_41_1942
i'd have to say, get a life. why would you post on a forum if you're not going to answer the question? it shows you have nothing better to do with your time than sit at your computer. leave this forum and don't come back in thanks.

bahaha, who do you think you are? God.
Shut your ****ing mouth.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by sum_41_1942

cause this EXACT SAME THREAD happened less then 2 weeks ago.
USE THE SEARCHBAR.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
USE THE SEARCHBAR.

thank you sir
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by _Sanitarium_
USE THE SEARCHBAR.

yeah and i want my own thread because im a special boy.
leave me alone *pouts*
Quote by sum_41_1942
yeah and i want my own thread because im a special boy.
leave me alone *pouts*

leave, nao. kthxbai
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
leave, nao. kthxbai

what does nao and kthxbai mean?

p.s. why cant you just answer the question or not comment at all?
i mean seriously, if its been done and nobody bothers to answer then my thread will disappear so why not just let it.

and also, i thought aussies were the kind of people that do that sort of thing, you know, not be jerks. maybe you're different up in sydney, whilst im in the sad capital
Stop crying bitch, get use to it.. its the internet.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Stop crying bitch, get used to it.. its the internet.

+1
Quote by flabber.gast
I used to be a big hip-hop fan, but lately my interest has Wayned a Lil.

Last edited by Rocker_geek at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by Ironpriest

TOTALLY agreed!!! Also Matthias Jabs from Scorpions....
Quote by bulldozerbob
I think someone stole my Yu-Hi-Oh cards from my class draw when I was little.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm homophobic. I can't stand gays.
Jeff Ling of Parkway Drive, the solo in "Idols And Anchors" is easily one of my top 10 solo's ever, and his riffs are insane but have great rythm.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by sum_41_1942
the idea is that i get people's opinions, i dont just want to go to some random forum, i'd rather start my own cos its mildly interesting and i like finding people's opinion on them. go away with this "search bar" crap please.

But you can get the exact same opinions if you read the other couple of threads about this exact topic... Why should the opinions change just because they're typed into a response to your thread?
Quote by James13v
Jeff Ling of Parkway Drive, the solo in "Idols And Anchors" is easily one of my top 10 solo's ever, and his riffs are insane but have great rythm.

Going to see parkway tonight (its 12:45am here)
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Perry ap Gynedd from Pendulum.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Ironpriest
Billie Joe is a HUGE influence on me. he is perfect at choosing his powerchords wisely. He doesn't fall into all the cliche's that waaaayyyy too many pop rock bands fall into.

hahahahahahahahahahahah I c wut u did thar
He called me a rapist and a recluse! Iam not a recluse!
-Mike Tyson
Larry "Ler" LaLonde of Primus. I had to google the band to even figure out his name
Quote by Hadi The Ghost
Nuno Bettencourt, no one gives a damn about him.

I do. Hes great. Lol.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
2 pages and no mention of Jeff Loomis,
That proves my point, actually.

Great solo's, fast, but puts emotion into his stuff, and his rythm is worth a look because it's brilliant
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
Tim Sult of Clutch.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
lol TS FTL

For the TS-
Thats Laughing Out Loud, Thread Starter, For The Lose,

can you follow that, or will you continue to bitch when I say
*{SEARCHBAR}*
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Jeroenofzo
2 pages and no mention of Jeff Loomis,
That proves my point, actually.

Great solo's, fast, but puts emotion into his stuff, and his rythm is worth a look because it's brilliant

exactly

green day does not belong in this thread
Quote by sum_41_1942
what does nao and kthxbai mean?

p.s. why cant you just answer the question or not comment at all?
i mean seriously, if its been done and nobody bothers to answer then my thread will disappear so why not just let it.

and also, i thought aussies were the kind of people that do that sort of thing, you know, not be jerks. maybe you're different up in sydney, whilst im in the sad capital

Come on, there's no need to generalize like that! Eek, I'm from Sydney as well, so I suppose I'd better try to make a good impression by contributing to your thread!

These are in no way my favourite bands (although Simple Plan used to be, admittedly), but the guitarists from Simple Plan and The Click Five are surprisingly accomplished. People usually expect pop-punk bands to consist of excessive amounts of power chord bashing, but they actually produce quite decent solos. For Simple Plan, an example of this is that from Untitled. As for My Click Five, many of their songs display some pretty cool guitar work. It's a shame there aren't more tabs up for them.
Maybe you will use the searchbar when this thread gets closed...i'd like to say for posting the same old threads but my guess will be that the reason is for being lazy and not using the searchbar.
Page 1 of 4