Page 1 of 2
I was sitting here on the computer when I heard our dog/cat door swing open. I naturally thought nothing of it...A few seconds later, it seemed as though a fly flew past my head in this dark room. I then glanced out towards the kitchen and thought I saw the familiar sight of a captured sparrow trying to escape certain doom at the hands of my cat Bosley.

I decided I better go and grab the bird and let him out before things got messy, but as I approached I noticed something wasn't right. This bird was somehow clinging to the roof...didn't seem to have a head...this slowly aroused my suspicion.

As I moved in for a closer look, this hideous creature took off and started doing laps of the kitchen. It circled me a few times and then shot down into the hallway...

I've lightly inspected the three bedrooms, bathroom and laundry connected to the hallway but I have seen no sign of the creepy, silent prick.

Can the Pit help me? Where would bats be hiding? How should I go about cleansing my house of this abomination.

PS: Another strange note is that my cat is nowhere to be seen. He usually goes into full-on psycho predator mode when he brings something inside but I can't find him.
sweet. When you find it, you should keep him. And don't worry, the bat hasn't killed the cat.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
keep it in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
Bite its head off! Then do the same to your cat!
Edit:Awwww, Joel you beat me to it.
Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East. Hold it until I arrive.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
yeah they dont like loud noises, get a saucepan and a stick and march around making as much noise as you can and flush the little bastard out =]
Make high pitched noises and see if it makes him run into walls.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Bats don't like light and noise. Host a rave party.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Quote by ashleybarr99
yeah they dont like loud noises, get a saucepan and a stick and march around making as much noise as you can and flush the little bastard out =]

TS get a video up of you doing this. that would be teh lulz
Will this be the Spider Battle thread all over again? Probably not, but will lulz ensue? Hopefully.

I say the first step is to home-made battle armour from cardboard and assorted things laying around (like bluepeter)
Then grab your weapon of choice.
Then turn all the lights on and camp it out, fortify yourself it will give you a defence bonus.
Seriously though, get a dog training whistle and go around your house blowing down it. the thing will go mad!! and it wont piss you / your family off cause its so high pitched human ears cannae hear it!!! yaay
dude once you find it take a picture!!

bats are awesome, its true! batman said so!
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Quote by Kensai
Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East. Hold it until I arrive.

well done, i've never actually laughed out loud reading things in the pit before.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Just don't get Rabies... you don't wanna die that way.

That's one of the two issues I'm facing. It's currently 10:48pm, so I don't want to be making a whole lot of noise (otherwise I would've soloed the bat to death), and I know nothing about bats in Victoria. I don't think they'd be particularly dangerous but then again I can't say I've dealt with bats a whole lot in my time.
Dont worry its just edward cullen,trap him inside and send a ransom note for the women of the world.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

I remember when a bat got in my house; just go at it with a big sheet, catch it and let it go out of the door.
lock yourself in a room you are sure its not present in and play pinch harmonics as loud as you can.

rip dime.
Quote by darkovertone
lock yourself in a room you are sure its not present in and play pinch harmonics as loud as you can.

rip dime.

sigged.
Last edited by JoelTheShredder at Mar 3, 2009,
I FOUND IT!

I went to check the laundry again, I lifted up the curtains and the hideous little **** darted out and flying around like mad. I quickly ran out of the room and closed the door behind me.

So here's the situation - paint style

My prefered option at the moment is to let the animals in to do their worst...another, more messy solution involves a squash racquet (like a small tennis racquet for anyone who's never heard of squash)...or I could take the less exciting option of running in (heavily protected by several rain coats of course) and opening the laundry door and just hope that it doesn't have any sinister plans other than escape.
Quote by JoelTheShredder
sigged.

The Gods smile upon me!

A bat at shall be sacrificed to commemorate the occasion.
Ok, the cat has gone missing, I'm gonna let the dog in first and follow him up with a bed sheet. If all goes to plan I can then capture the beast, imprison it, photograph it and then if Charlie doesn't finish him it off I can let it go torment some other poor household.

Wish me luck.
Quote by akm_202
dude once you find it take a picture!!

bats are awesome, its true! batman said so!
This.
Had this problem all the time back in WI. If you have a cordless phone then open your front door and stand just outside of it with your phone. Then have a friend hit the "page" feature that should be on the phone's base. The bats will then be attracted to your now beeping cordless phone and will fly outside. Worked for us anyway
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
AAARGH!!!!

I tried to take the bastard in a laundry basket and it appeared that I had one this battle once and for all. But the filthy swine somehow managed to squeeze through the tiny holes in the basket and is now reigning terror upon my poor dog who is now trapped in the laundry. I really need the cat to show up soon or I'm going to have to get the squash racquet
Quote by Orbit91
Wear an Ozzy mask and chase it around the house.

Oh snapz I didn't know TS had access to an ozzy mask. Do this then ^. it will work ALOT faster
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by Boydy24
and is now reigning terror upon my poor dog who is now trapped in the laundry. I really need the cat to show up soon or I'm going to have to get the squash racquet

My condolences for your lost dog, he died for a worthy cause.
Ok, I can't find the cat, and the bat has found a better hiding spot. I went back to rescure Charlie and had a quick glance around the room, but couldn't see anything. Charlie had no idea where it was either...

I don't know what to do now. I got a good look at this ****er when I had it trapped (temporarily) in the basket, and it is one mean looking thing. I don't want to be looking in a pile of clothes and have this bastard fly into my face.

EDIT: I'm thinking maybe I should locate an old snorkle mask. With pants, socks, hoodie, mask and gloves I might have some level of protection.

And I thought bloody Zubat was bad...
Last edited by Boydy24 at Mar 3, 2009,
Page 1 of 2