I have the chance to pick up 3 second hand bass pedals:

Boss ODB3 (overdrive)
Boss CEB4 (Chorus)
Boss TU-2 (Tuner)

with one PSA for approx 150.

Do you think its worth it? Bearing in mind i have never used any of these pedals before, so it will be a new sound to me, plus, i dont have the chance to try before i buy..
The overdrive and tuner alone are worth about €170 new. You got a good deal.

p.s. Hail from Waterford
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Mar 3, 2009,
i say go for it. i have the overdrive pedal (paid £65 for it new) and love it, it's definately gonna give you a whole new sound, especially, i imagine, if you pair it up with the chorus but i dunno since i haven't tried that one
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
TU-2 Is a good tuner, and is high up on my list having played with a friends, of the 6 guitarists/basists i often hang out with, all but 1 has one, and he's getting one.
The tuner and chorus are good, i hate the overdrive though. But got the price its pretty amazing.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Yeah it is a pretty sweet price, and they are all in good nick with the boxes and all. I will be short two PSA adaptors though, which at 29 quid a pop, arent exactly cheap.

Would i be right in saying that Boss make a power supply pedal that power like up to 5 Boss pedals at a time?
Why dont you get one adapter and daisy chain all th pedals toghether. You can get an adapter and daisy chain of ebay for 12 i think.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Yeah it is a pretty sweet price, and they are all in good nick with the boxes and all. I will be short two PSA adaptors though, which at 29 quid a pop, arent exactly cheap.

Would i be right in saying that Boss make a power supply pedal that power like up to 5 Boss pedals at a time?

Ive heard good stuff all round from the chorus(I might look into it as a next pedal) and the tuner, but apparently the overdrive is a lot more love it or hate it. If you cant try them out, Id play safe with the tuner.

And yeah I think they do make them, not sure how much they cost though.

btw is this your first pedal?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by fatgoogle
Why dont you get one adapter and daisy chain all th pedals toghether. You can get an adapter and daisy chain of ebay for 12 i think.

Will that be just as good though? I always thought that if you did something like that you would end up with some of the pedals not having enough power to really work, kinda like when you have a battery that is beginning to die, and the effect doesnt sound as good.

Quote by ScottB.
Ive heard good stuff all round from the chorus(I might look into it as a next pedal) and the tuner, but apparently the overdrive is a lot more love it or hate it. If you cant try them out, Id play safe with the tuner.

And yeah I think they do make them, not sure how much they cost though.

btw is this your first pedal?

I have a Boss SYB5 (Bass Synth). Soooo much fun to use on my own, havent really found a solid application for it in a band setting yet, but im getting there.

I guess if i dont like the chorus/overdrive i could sell them and get some of my money back, if i make more than 50 between them, i'll still be saving on the TU-2, which i both want and need
Well il take mthe chorus if you dont like it. But daisy chaining wont loose enough power for the pedals to start sounding bad. And one of those power bricks. their all the same except the ones with boss on cost more. All their doinf is splitting power.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul