Poll: Do you believe: Whatever you accomplish on guitar can be taken away?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe: Whatever you accomplish on guitar can be taken away?
Yes
11 28%
No
29 73%
Voters: 40.
hi guys.

this is a poll. Do you believe: whatever you accomplish on guitar can be taken away?

in other words, if you practice something really hard and are able to play it.. but a few days later you have a fever for 6 days and after the fever, you are unable to play that 'something' you practiced really hard on. the question is that do you have to practice that lick alllll over again? or will it automatically come back to you in a few days?
It will come back. I notice that if i go like 4 days without practicing i loose some of my overall coordination on guitar and it takes like 20 minutes to get it back
That and sometimes you just have "off" days where no matter what you try playing you generally fail at lol. I just put down my guitar and walk away on days like that before I get frustrated. And I don't know about anyone else but sometimes it seems like it takes my hands FOREVER to warm and loosen up.
A few days won't make a huge deal. Within a few minutes you should be able to get back into it.

If it's a few months or years, then yes.
Last edited by Bling Dogg at Mar 3, 2009,
This is the 5th thread you've made about this and the 6th if you count the one about your worn pick...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 3, 2009,
You get rusty, that's all. I've known people stop playing for 5 or so years and then upon picking it up again, were back to where they were within a couple of months.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I was going to say, man, you've made like 5 threads on this.

No, you can't lose your complete ability to play something you've been working on, after 5 days of not playing. If you do, you clearly need to work on practice habits and work on refining your technique.