Hi all!
I'm planning on building a replica of a Gibson Les Paul special, but i want the switch at the normal spot( let's say, les paul standard wise). Question is: how do they get the wires from the switch all the way to the pots? Cause in my idea it's a solid body guitar? so not 2 pieces glued together. Please only serious answers, no guessing.

Friendly greetings
Dimitri
(Sorry for my ,sometimes, bad english, i'm not american.. just a 16 year old from the netherlands )
They route a slot in the body and then stick on a top:

You can see all the routes and chambers here:

Just the slot and control cavity:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by Bonsaischaap
They route a slot in the body and then stick on a top:

You can see all the routes and chambers here:

<pic>

Just the slot and control cavity:

<pic>

note:

the special is a flat top. I too am puzzled by how they did the switch on the singlecut version.

Quote by Dimitri92
(Sorry for my ,sometimes, bad english, i'm not american.. just a 16 year old from the netherlands )

sorry but that's pretty funny
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Mar 3, 2009,
Hey guys!Thx for fast replys!
Hmm interesting pics Bonsaischaap, and ur idea, Sanitarium, doesn't even sound that dumb Might even be it. But then the input should be in line with were u want to put the switch. That ain't the case with bonsai's pic. I'm gonna try and find some pics and show u my findings if what Sani said can be done.
Friendly greetings
Dimitri
If it doesnt have a glued on top they drill a hole with a really long drill bit. I bought a 12" drill bit to get to the neck pickup cavity on a neck thru.
hmm, that's what i'll do then.
Thx alot. Another question popped up just now, what a bout those les paul customs with 3 humbuckers. Where can i get those "middle humbuckers" ? Or just a humbucker with an out up between the neck and bridge and don't mind if its neck or bridge?
Friendly greetings
Dimitri
AFAIK (from a '61 custom, SG shape) the middle pickup matched the neck pup and they are always wired together as one. Not sure if they are in series or parallel though. The result is an even creamier neck pup sound but actually seems to work better on the SG body than the classic LP. Maybe it helps compensate for having less wood.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

So ( for example) Neck pickup 7 K middle pup 7K bridge 10k.
And neck and middle pup wired together? And what about the switch?
What combo's do I have then?