yeah am buying a distortion pedal and i need to know which is better. I have a marshall Mg100 fullstack and am getting a Boss GT-10 but i need my distortion analog O . O so i am looking at two pedals either the bloody mary distortion pedal or the BOSS stock DS-1 can you'll please help guys thnx

P.S. please dont suggest me other pedals cause i really dont have too many options thnx
Are you really trying to pick between a $40 pedal and an $180 pedal?

What type of sound are you going for?
Have you looked at the MI Audio Crunch Box?
anyone on here will say...GET A BETTER AMP...sell the piece of **** mg....and use the money you d spend on the gt10 and the bloody mary (around 300$ at least i d say) and buy a nice tube amp.
Quote by georgakis187
anyone on here will say...GET A BETTER AMP...sell the piece of **** mg....and use the money you d spend on the gt10 and the bloody mary (around 300$ at least i d say) and buy a nice tube amp.

Dude i am happy with my amp man > . > my marshall fullstack is good enough for me man i am not slash or kerry king that i need 1960 lead cabinets etc. etc. etc. stick to the topic man > . > DS-1 or Bloody mary the main reason i am asking this is cause many people say that bloody mary sucks ( which i noe is bs ) and but the DS-1 instead well what to do ??? O and the gt-10 is my bros who has the gt-10 is just giving it to me cause he has no use of it so yeah am not spendint that much money > . >
just cause its a full stack doesnt mean its better a piece of **** made in china valveking for 2/3 the price of your FULL STACK would own it, because you can atleast turn it up past 3 and experience your tone getting better
Quote by georgakis187
just cause its a full stack doesnt mean its better a piece of **** made in china valveking for 2/3 the price of your FULL STACK would own it, because you can atleast turn it up past 3 and experience your tone getting better

georgakis dude man ha ha whats up man why do u hate the mg so much ??? and anyway i was thinking of getting a peavey 5150 soon so chill out > . >
Yeah, we're just saying, a new amp would open up a new world of tonal possibilities with your pedals.

But, I don't know of the Bloody Mary, and I have the DS-1, and it's okay... nothing special. With a bit of fiddling, I'm sure you could get something workable with it. You could even mod it.

EDIT: Wanna link me to the Bloody Mary?
used to own one.....worst thing i ever did with 420 euros.....sell it while dumb ass noobs will still buy it.....cause soon the oObEr pWnaGe nU mG sErIes is CumMin
ds-1 is good enough for me, i stopped using it for a while but i am back into using it a lot on its own through the clean channel, i think it sounds great! thing is ive never played any other distortion pedal.
Quote by raddy_666
yeah am buying a distortion pedal and i need to know which is better. I have a marshall Mg100 fullstack

I got that far.

Listen to me because I used to own the Marshall MG100HDFX Head, a distortion pedal will not enhance your tone, that amp is terrible plain and simple putting a pedal through it is like spraying a dogturd with deodorant. It may LOOK all cool and big and shiny but quite frankly the sound sucks. I now have a JCM900 4102 which has 2x12 Celestion G12T-75's and is switchable between 50/100 watts, that I bought for EXACTLY the same price that I bought that MG100HDFX head and 4x12 cab for and trust me, say we put them side by side, my amp with no pedals and just the guitar straight into it, your amp with all the pedals in the world, there would still be no contest.

This is called tough love raddy, you don't need a distortion pedal, you need a good amp.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
The DS-1 is awsome, It is so good that MXR made two copies of it and jacked up the price from $40 to $100.
Besides, The DS-1 is more versatile than the Bloody Mary.
Quote by georgakis187

1. Your an idiot, valvekings aren't bad amps. Check the clips and learn to EQ it before you say it sucks.

2. Watch your language.

3. Learn to spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddy_666
yeah am buying a distortion pedal and i need to know which is better. I have a marshall Mg100 fullstack

I got that far.

Listen to me because I used to own the Marshall MG100HDFX Head, a distortion pedal will not enhance your tone, that amp is terrible plain and simple putting a pedal through it is like spraying a dogturd with deodorant. It may LOOK all cool and big and shiny but quite frankly the sound sucks. I now have a JCM900 4102 which has 2x12 Celestion G12T-75's and is switchable between 50/100 watts, that I bought for EXACTLY the same price that I bought that MG100HDFX head and 4x12 cab for and trust me, say we put them side by side, my amp with no pedals and just the guitar straight into it, your amp with all the pedals in the world, there would still be no contest.

This is called tough love raddy, you don't need a distortion pedal, you need a good amp.

^ THIS guy is right.
Buy a used DS-1 and send it to Cmatmods for modding.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
No ofense, but I doubt you have the knowledge or expertise to make an amp yourself. Please, just take the advice and sell the MG stack and get a JCM800/JCM900/JVM combo.

On the pedal side of things, I have a DS-1 and I am very happy with it.
Quote by raddy_666
and anyway i was thinking of getting a peavey 5150 soon so chill out > . >

He already has plans for a new amp.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
ds-1 will only get you so far before you get bored with its distortion. I like metal tones and I have a ds-1, though I can get a good metal tone it lacks the grit that I desire. I have not had any experience on the bloody mary. You can't beat the price for what you get in regards to the ds-1. Eventually you will want to upgrade but it is good for a quick fix.
\\-,-// Favorite Bands \\-,-//
Chimaira, Hatebreed, Bury Your Dead, Norma Jean, The Devil Wears Pradda, Poison the Well, COB, As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Parkway Drive, Pantera, Metallica, Exodus, Necrophagia, Testament, Unearth
Quote by Aidy Damage
No ofense, but I doubt you have the knowledge or expertise to make an amp yourself. Please, just take the advice and sell the MG stack and get a JCM800/JCM900/JVM combo.

On the pedal side of things, I have a DS-1 and I am very happy with it.

Dude A cab with 4 V30 speakers and a head with 4 channel ECC83 preamp tubes and E34Ls output tubes. Its litreally copying a JCM at half its cost... O . O what more do i want ??? !!!

P.S. i sold the POS MG-100 and i am getting a 5150 !!!
Funny thread
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
What a gigantic bump. lol.