A CBE is one higher than an OBE, so for the Queen it goes:
1. Eric Clapton
2. Jimmy Page

I was just wondering what people thought of that lol, do you think they're ranked the right way around?
I'm not decided at this moment. I suppose it depends what exactly they're rewarded for.
...and we've listened to the queen since when?
Quote by DirtyMakik
Listen to this man, he's got Alex in his avatar, he knows his sh!t.

Quote by dubstar92
awesome avatar dude

Wow a signature
what the **** are you talking about?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Cool story, bro.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
and i prefer brian may CBE
Queen > the Queen
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Mar 3, 2009,
You're a ****ing idiot if you don't know what I'm talking about lol. Fair enough if you're not in the UK, then you're less likely to know what I'm talking about but even still knighthoods, CBEs, OBEs, etc. are commonly known things.
So if Obama told me that Fall Out Boy was better than Jimmy Page would it be true?
Quote by ljpfahey
A CBE is one higher than an OBE, so for the Queen it goes:
1. Eric Clapton
2. Jimmy Page

I was just wondering what people thought of that lol, do you think they're ranked the right way around?
I'm not decided at this moment. I suppose it depends what exactly they're rewarded for.

and id care because...?
This is silly..
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Clapton's got the crossroads charity in Antigua which is what he got it for, along with services to music
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by freedoms_stain
The Queen doesn't select who gets what honour.

She's a puppet, she makes no decisions about anything.

This.

Your Queen is a symbol more than anything.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Wow I didn't realise people took everything so seriously and literally on here. lol

Basically the underlying question is just which do you prefer? In terms of guitarists and musicians.
Quote by moody git
Queen > the Queen

I completely agree with you, sir.

It's a disgrace Brian May hasn't been knighted yet considering all his work within music and for AIDS charity.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Well, can you really see ol' Betty giving it "one's going to give you every inch of one's love"?
Quote by moody git
Queen > the Queen

I thought he was talking about queen for some reason
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Clapton > Page

It's a fact.

Page is so disgustingly overrated. Nothing he's ever done was really that fantastic.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by XgamerGt04
So if Obama told me that Jimmy Page was better than Fall Out Boy would it be true?

of course.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by dudetheman
This.

Your Queen is a symbol more than anything.

She also has mastered the art of waving at people and cutting ribbons
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
i dont know what your talking about either
guess im an idiot, or one of those ignorant americans.
I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been

To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen
Quote by Demon Wolf

It's a disgrace Brian May hasn't been knighted yet considering all his work within music and for AIDS charity.

Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
who cares if they've got titles n shiz, as long as they make good music it's all good
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by Liberation
Clapton > Page

It's a fact.

Page is so disgustingly overrated. Nothing he's ever done was really that fantastic.

+1000000000000000
Quote by Jesus=ConArtist
She also has mastered the art of waving at people and cutting ribbons

You seem to be forgetting her christmas message. Best part of the year.
Eric Clapton is a god amongst men, we do not deserve to walk the same earth as him.

Seriously though, great guy for all his charity aand things like that, I prefer his music over Page's, however both are awesome.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
hmm some people have taken the mick out of the Queen here. I hope you realise she was in WWII.
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
Queen > The Queen

I quote Bill Bailey on this.

"What is this lunacy of making people pledge allegiance to the Queen? I could understand if it was allegiance to the band Queen. Every day before assembly in schools up and down the land, pupil and teacher alike stand and chant “Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality”. I could get behind that."

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"