Poll Options
View poll results: well
it is the duty of the rich to help the poor
175 54%
every man for himself
146 45%
Voters: 323.
Page 1 of 5
or should the third world continue to fend for themselves, sitting most of the times in war-ridden lands where nothing can grow and with no natural resources?

discussion + poll
Seeing as richer countries are often very responsible for their situation... yes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Good luck with this can of worms Corey.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
No. we should help, but ultimately the world needs most people to be uneducated and poor, otherwise you just end up with everyone being poor
In the 3rd world countries that are in debt because British and American governments lent them money at crippling interest rates and even though people are dying of starvation are still so greedy to want their interest, yes. Of course it is their duty to sort out their mess.

In other countries I don't think it's a duty but I think it should be done anyway out of common decency for humanity.
Quote by CoreysMonster
huh?

This has the potential to become one of the biggest flame fests in the pit.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Richer countries are obliged to. Honestly, do rich countries really have anything else that's positive to spend their money on rather than some useless bullshit?
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by Jackal58

You say that so many times it's lost all it's meaning.
It would be better if they didnt exploit their land and resources to being with.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
It's the duty of everyone to stop being greedy jerks and stop hoarding what they have in wars. It's not fair to kill our troops in a war they don't understand in a place that we started a war with. IMHO, war is equivilent to polititians having a schoolyard fight with their friends invited.

Quote by freedoms_stain
If we stopped everything we do that keeps them war-ridden and poor they'd probably sort themselves out.

Also, this.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I don't think it should be that way - if the levels were swapped. would Third world countries be doing the same for us? It should be up to the countries government/whatever to look after its people, not rely on aid from other countries.
It's a good job this isn't parliament, because right now, the cunts are winning.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Yes, it is. It's also the duty of a nation's government to take care of their poor.

It should be up to the countries government/whatever to look after its people, not rely on aid from other countries.

third world countries don't have that ability.
Quote by Jackal58

No more than the religion or politics thread.
It isn't the duty of the rich to help/feed etc poorer nations, but morally I think that it is a responsibility to provide the means to help the circumstances, such as slating off debts that a country obviously not pay that where from god-knows how long ago (like we did with Africa) and helping them build schools and educate the locals so they can start to have their own future. We dont need to hand-feed them all the time, and nor do they want that.
I say no....but I voted it is the duty of the rich to help the poor <---cause I agree with that
cause I don`t think they need it....well they do now but.
you know normally I can talk about this subject for hours but I got to much on my head (school stuff and other crappy ****) now so I`l join this discussion later
well I`l try it anyway.......
I think that if we never ever started to move our white asses down their they were way better off.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
In the 3rd world countries that are in debt because British and American governments lent them money at crippling interest rates and even though people are dying of starvation are still so greedy to want their interest, yes. Of course it is their duty to sort out their mess.

In other countries I don't think it's a duty but I think it should be done anyway out of common decency for humanity.

Do you know what most 3rd world countries did with the money Britain lent them? Bought weapons. Big weapons. To fight other countries.

Hardly their prime objective, is it? I'm not cold hearted enough to say "told you this would happen" but all the blame can't be placed within the 1st world countries. They should've used the money to fund factories to feed it's nation, for one thing.

EDIT: spelling errors. What's wrong with me today? >_<
Last edited by gallagher2006 at Mar 3, 2009,
the pool is misleading. Rich SHOULD help the poor, and in some cases rich countries ought to help the poor, but some might be responsible by their situation
Quote by gallagher2006
Do you know what most 3rd world countries did with teh money Britain lent them? Bought weapons. Big weapons. To find other countries.

Sure you're not thinking of maps now...?
Quote by CoreysMonster
No more than the religion or politics thread.

I don't visit the religion thread and the politics thread is usually pretty civil. This thread shall be fun to watch though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by rabidguitarist
It's a good job this isn't parliament, because right now, the cunts are winning.

The cunts always win =/
Quote by Kensai
Sure you're not thinking of maps now...?

**** you Kensai. You and your...your...finding of other peoples mistakes...ing.

Yeah. Smoke THAT biatch
Quote by Spamwise
Yes, it is. It's also the duty of a nation's government to take care of their poor.

third world countries don't have that ability.

you know I think we`re just trying the expansion of cappitalism......off course the live is pretty screwed now over there but ain`t that our fault? if never showed them our world of greed and materialism and indoctrinated them with things like: YOU NEED MONEY, EDUCATION, RELIGION and that kinda stuff they were better off then they`l ever be. Before our visit, they had everything they need, Food, a house and eachother. Off course some people are mortally sick and some childrens are dying, but that`s happening here to.
Quote by Jackal58
I don't visit the religion thread and the politics thread is usually pretty civil. This thread shall be fun to watch though.

I agree

Quote by sglover34479
I don't think the rich should be forced to help, but it's nice if they do. The poor need to really be doing more for themselves instead of just settling for being the poor.

no, I'm talking about 3rd world countries, not hobos.
not so much a duty, more of the right thing to do
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by rabidguitarist

You should go live in Russia
Quote by mastaofrocknrol
you know I think we`re just trying the expansion of cappitalism......off course the live is pretty screwed now over there but ain`t that our fault? if never showed them our world of greed and materialism and indoctrinated them with things like: YOU NEED MONEY, EDUCATION, RELIGION and that kinda stuff they were better off then they`l ever be. Before our visit, they had everything they need, Food, a house and eachother. Off course some people are mortally sick and some childrens are dying, but that`s happening here to.

Well, they do need money and education. And I think you're exaggerating greatly by saying that they had "everything they need [sic]" before we got there. It was still bad then; it's just worse now.

I don't think the rich should be forced to help, but it's nice if they do. The poor need to really be doing more for themselves instead of just settling for being the poor.

That's ridiculous.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I agree

no, I'm talking about 3rd world countries, not hobos.

oh, well, I suppose they can still be working on become of the 2rd world, but I still think other countries don't HAVE to help, but it's nice if they do.
if the u.s. wasnt spending so much money on other countries and crap here maybe our economy wouldnt suck so much.
Quote by gallagher2006
Do you know what most 3rd world countries did with the money Britain lent them? Bought weapons. Big weapons. To fight other countries.

Hardly their prime objective, is it? I'm not cold hearted enough to say "told you this would happen" but all the blame can't be placed within the 1st world countries. They should've used the money to fund factories to feed it's nation, for one thing.

EDIT: spelling errors. What's wrong with me today? >_<
Actually *most* aid given by western governments historically is given on a "we give you x money and you use it to buy y services from our country"

So it's selfishly given and actually keeps the money in our economy, and if it's used to buy weapons, then that was the arrangement with the government who supplied the aid.
Quote by nikki82
if the u.s. wasnt spending so much money on other countries and crap here maybe our economy wouldnt suck so much.

You obviously don't understand the current economic situation.
Yes, I do feel we share the responsibility to help clothe, feed and educate Third World countries.
signature
Quote by nikki82
Ignorant horse crap.
Page 1 of 5