firstly: not sure if this is the right forum for this

but on topic

ive got a epiphone les paul standard plus, and a while back my friend knocked it off its stand and it feel into my bookcase cracking the neck and headstock. now this doesnt look too bad but it goes right thro the neck ie its split it (hard to explain)

anywho, how would i go about fixing this? the same thing happened to said frineds maverick (sweet ass guitar btw), and he just poured a ****load of glue in and clamped it up. should i do the same or wat?

and its a set neck so dont bother with 'buy a new neck'

tl;dr : how do i fix a cracked neck?

cheers

EDIT: if you want pics ill upload
Upload the pics.
Usually, it can be glued and clamped. From what I've seen, breaks like these will be pretty clean (meaning there's no splintering or pieces that break away on their own) so the gluing will be easy. Oh, and not just any glue should be used. Titebond is the tried, tested and preferred product for this. It can be found in any hardware store.

This may go in the Guitar Building and Customizing forum..
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Mar 3, 2009,
pics please. You should be able to glue it and clamp it overnight but if your not confident take it to your llocal guitar tech and they should do it for cheap.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by charlie__flynn
pics please. You should be able to glue it and clamp it overnight but if your not confident take it to your llocal guitar tech and they should do it for cheap.

i already have and they cba to do anything. they just sed by a new guitar, which i did lol. this happened like 6 months ago btw, ive just been looking into doing some modding and i want to do a bit on my LP