Page 1 of 2
Someone over at HC asked for pics. So, I figured that I would share them here too. I hope by posting this, I can help others make some informed decisions about buying some gear. Any questions, just ask. Want a demo, just ask.

Fulldrive 2, Micro POG, '70, DS1, Double Muff, Nano Muff, LPB1, Phase 45, Sketch Fuzz, OCD, Screaming Tree, RC2, DF2, Fat Sandwich, Swollen Pickle, TS9, Luther, Ultimate Octave, Black Finger, Holy Grail, Graphic Fuzz, Big Muff(NYC RI), Whirlwind A/B/Y, Fat Boost 2, Lady Stardust, Big Muff w/TW, Psilocybe, Choralflange, DMM, Small Stone(russian), Big Muff(russian), Flashback Fuzz, Fuzz Face(BYOC), Shape Shifter, Small Clone, DEM, Mini Deja-Vibe, Green Screamer, TOD, CC Fuzz, Worm, DD3, GeOD, Pickup Booster, Rat 2, SD9, CH1, Ming Boost, Box of Rock(Vexter), Micro Delay 3, XO Pulsar, GE7, TS7(TS808 spec), White Finger, Clyde Standard, GCB-95(modded).

Not pictured. LBM, DS2, RV5, mini Q-Tron.
phase 90, buy or not buy?
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
How does the Danelectro Fuzz compare to some of your boutiquey fuzzes... (mostly interested in how it stands up to the dallas arbiter)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Wow. Just Wow.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I just had a mindgasm.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Great collection!

What do you think is the best sounding OD with the AC15? OCD, Fulldrive 2 or TS9?
hooooolllyyy sssssshhhiiiittttt
Last edited by just17n8 at Mar 3, 2009,
What the hell!
That`s awesome! Though it could be a waste of money...

But about the EHX,

Wich muff is the best for his money. And can you use it in every rock style or is it really a fuzz, wich can`t be good for all stuf.

The LPB-1, really cranks up your signal for a solo?

Can you advise the Small Clone?

Thnx in advance...
thats just pure beautiful.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Phase 90? hmmm... if it was used and a good price.

The Fuzz Face is a BYOC. I housed it in a Dunlop FF enclosure. The Cool Cat Fuzz is along the lines of a Big Muff. The CC Fuzz sounds nice, but I don't like the knob placement or the feel of the stomp switches. If I was going to use it a lot. I would rehouse it. By then, it would be more economical to buy a Muff.

Pedals with tubes? I've only played the Black Finger and Tube Zipper. I tried a couple different types of tubes in the Black Finger. Some did make a difference. I thing you have to look at the voltage of the pedal. It takes some voltage getting the tubes to cook. It comes down to the sound of the pedal. If it sounds good use it.

Out of the ones you listed. The OCD. My favorite is my Gearmanndude Luther Drive. A TS w/ Langraff mods, if I'm not mistaken. You can pick them up for a decent price too.

Big Muff w/ TW for the best bang for your buck. I like the Way Huge Swollen Pickle for a more versatile Muff. They are different in price though. The LPB-1 boosts your signal and colors it. Though, for the money, its really nice. For a clean volume boost? Hands down the Fulltone Fatboost 2 at 18v. Most headroom out of any boost. Again, big difference in price. While not being really versatile, the Small Clone delivers a very lush, thick, watery chorus that is hard to beat.
Well, my actual pedalboard only has 4 pedals on it.

I like the Holy Grail better. The RV5 is more versatile. The only other reverbs are on my amps. Marshall's reverb pedal is a great pedal at a good price.
Hey, Ming, tell me about the Fat Sandwich...

Also: Any of that **** for sale :stickpoke
Quote by imgooley
Hey, Ming, tell me about the Fat Sandwich...

Also: Any of that **** for sale :stickpoke

Sorry nothings for sale.

Fat Sandwich. Me likey a lot. I like it with singles going into a clean amp. I think it is very good for some early Aerosmith tones. It is a tweaker's dream. I've yet to touch the internal trimpots. You can do a lot with this thing. I find that it doesn't stack to well with other pedals. Like boosts or my FD2.
you're probably the only person in the world who bought the ehx graphic fuzz, haha.
how is it? i'm assuming it's great, and i'm sure it is. thing is though, for fuzz, who would really need to tweak it that much?
Quote by The Real Ming
Sorry nothings for sale.

Fat Sandwich. Me likey a lot. I like it with singles going into a clean amp. I think it is very good for some early Aerosmith tones. It is a tweaker's dream. I've yet to touch the internal trimpots. You can do a lot with this thing. I find that it doesn't stack to well with other pedals. Like boosts or my FD2.

Ah, so it's a nice little tweed sounding overdrive type deal?

How hairy can it get?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

you go through pedals like MatrixClaw goes through amps....maybe faster.

Matrix is a gearwhore. Ming is a pack rat.
Quote by The Real Ming
Someone over at HC asked for pics. So, I figured that I would share them here too. I hope by posting this, I can help others make some informed decisions about buying some gear. Any questions, just ask. Want a demo, just ask.

Fulldrive 2, Micro POG, '70, DS1, Double Muff, Nano Muff, LPB1, Phase 45, Sketch Fuzz, OCD, Screaming Tree, RC2, DF2, Fat Sandwich, Swollen Pickle, TS9, Luther, Ultimate Octave, Black Finger, Holy Grail, Graphic Fuzz, Big Muff(NYC RI), Whirlwind A/B/Y, Fat Boost 2, Lady Stardust, Big Muff w/TW, Psilocybe, Choralflange, DMM, Small Stone(russian), Big Muff(russian), Flashback Fuzz, Fuzz Face(BYOC), Shape Shifter, Small Clone, DEM, Mini Deja-Vibe, Green Screamer, TOD, CC Fuzz, Worm, DD3, GeOD, Pickup Booster, Rat 2, SD9, CH1, Ming Boost, Box of Rock(Vexter), Micro Delay 3, XO Pulsar, GE7, TS7(TS808 spec), White Finger, Clyde Standard, GCB-95(modded).

Not pictured. LBM, DS2, RV5, mini Q-Tron.

That is one of the most awesome pedalboards I've seen
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by hendrixftw
That is one of the most awesome pedalboards I've seen

Thank you, I'm sure there are some here that blow mine away. Look over at HC and TGP. Makes me look like a noob.
Nice stuff. Quick question, why do people have a UG account and a HC? Does HC have something different than UG?
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by The_Bosstone

What amp(s) are you using?! Thats an amazing collection.

JCM 800 2205, AC15, '59 RI Bassman, champion 600, VJ, silverface Vibro Champ and a couple hybrid/solid state pratice amps.

Mainly the AC15. Been the tone I've been chasing for years.
Quote by The Real Ming
JCM 800 2205, AC15, '59 RI Bassman, champion 600, VJ, silverface Vibro Champ and a couple hybrid/solid state pratice amps.

Mainly the AC15. Been the tone I've been chasing for years.

Dear god man, and guitars?
Quote by nightraven
yeah HC has more people who flaunt expensive rigs all the time in every thread

And it's not as well mod'd as UG. Just an opinion. Some of the off topic threads, which half of them are, are pretty funny.

Nice collection Ming! I know who to go to when I have a pedal question of any kind. Hey - which one sucks? Did you fall out of love with any of them fast or not so much?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Nice stuff. Quick question, why do people have a UG account and a HC? Does HC have something different than UG?

corksniffers
Quote by Miss G
corksniffers

You're thinking of TGP, the land of the Blues Lawyers

If there ever was an oxymoron, that'd be it.
Nice collection!

It's too bad we don't have similar tastes in music though

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
Nice collection!

It's too bad we don't have similar tastes in music though

What type of music do you like. I'm pretty much open to anything. Though I really dig the Stones, Janes Addiction and GN'R.

Guitars?
'65 RI CIJ Mustang, Gibson LP Jr(TV Yellow) , '91 Gibson LP Studio (AlNiCo Pro II's bridge/neck), MIA and MIM Strats, MIM Tele, no name LP knockoff for slide and a Fender acoustic.

I'm gassing hard for a Gibson 335. Maybe with my tax return? Tax return is going towards a 335 or a Fulltone TTE. Gotta good line on a TTE from my local shop. They've had it forever. I mentioned that I was interested. Owner's son said he'll hook me up "big time", which they already do. So, I'm pretty excited.

I would like to thank everyone for letting me brag a little. Besides the guys at my local shop, I don't have anyone else to share this with. Hopefully I can help out others with this thread.
Quote by The Real Ming
What type of music do you like. I'm pretty much open to anything. Though I really dig the Stones, Janes Addiction and GN'R.

Well I could pretty much tell your general taste in music from your collection, and based on the bands you listed I'd say you're probably 10 or so years older than me as well. I listen to ambient/experimental stuff.

My collection isn't big enough for my own thread, unfortunately.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by nightraven

i am infinitely jealous now

Don't be jealous, I don't have the TTE yet. It could get sold, from underneath me, at any time. I do have my fingers crossed though.
My local shop is pretty kickass. Its just that I'm running out of stuff to buy there. I'm gonna have to start doing more mail orders. I'm very impatient, so that is what stopped me from getting more into the boutique world. Gonna have to start sometime though.
So what's the worst pedal? Surely you fell out of love with something quick? Nice collection man.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Oh, at first I didn't notice you had an HBE Psilocybe. How slow can the sweep get, and how tweakable is it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

How if the Luther Drive in comparison to, say, a TS9, OCD or a Wylde Overdrive?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Page 1 of 2