Page 1 of 2
Well i sold my pod xt live and im in need of a new metal amp pedal whatever. I wrote that i wasnt happy with digital units because especially the higher notes the lead parts were very dead sounding on any digital unit ive tried (micro cube, boss gt8, line 6 pod xt live) so i dont really want a digital amp i think. I have a boss mt 2 and even it can give a really good solo tone when connected to a sh!t small computer speaker. So my budget is probably like 300 dollars. cant go tube playing at home its too loud. ill probably get a 15 watt ss amp and a distortion pedal so any suggestions on that? Btw i play metal like in flames, children of bodom type.
Get a tube amp and suck it up. Even suffering for a small SS amp, isnt gonna get you the sound you want.
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer - White
PRS SE Singlecut
Fender Acoustic

Amps:
Crate head w/ POD preamp
Crate 120 watt POS
Crate Cab
Ray?

as in R.A.Y.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by blind.quardian
cant go tube playing at home its too loud

thats ****ty, but that also means you can't get most of the 15w or bove SS amps.

maybe something like a 5 or 2watt tube amp?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
We dont have much tube amps here
I cant use a tube amp at home it will probably sound worse if not equal to ss at a much more price
Quote by blind.quardian
I cant use a tube amp at home it will probably sound worse if not equal to ss at a much more price

why can't you? a 5watt or 2watt tube amp is probably quieter than most 15watt SS amps...
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by blind.quardian

Tube myths. You do alot of thread creation and not a whole lot of reading...

I just don't think you're going to find what you're looking for until you get more money and understand the way things work a little better.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic

I just don't think you're going to find what you're looking for until you get more money and understand the way things work a little better.

THIS.
Quote by theoreticmusic

Well actually all i did was reading for the past one year and people seems to think that if you cant open the volume of a tube amp it will not sound good especially for metal when you need a lot preamp distortion and HEADROOM. so generally low volume metal amps are ss amp. i already told you i dont want tube amps and also there are no possible options to choose in my country so please for once dont say go buy tube amp and help me.
Quote by blind.quardian
Well actually all i did was reading for the past one year and people seems to think that if you cant open the volume of a tube amp it will not sound good especially for metal when you need a lot preamp distortion and HEADROOM. so generally low volume metal amps are ss amp. i already told you i dont want tube amps and also there are no possible options to choose in my country so please for once dont say go buy tube amp and help me.

then where the bloody hell do you live? XD

I can advice you a Vypyr or a cube but even the 15 wats will be plenty loud my friend
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by blind.quardian
well is it METAL enough???

no...

get your head out of your ass, just stick a distortion/od in front of it and you're probably fine.

also if you'd live in a remote part of turkey I can understand the lack of tubeys but if you live near any of the large cities, a music store that holds amps can probably get tube amps for you
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
get your head out of your ass, just stick a distortion/od in front of it and you're probably fine

I dont have much money. I dont have that amp in my country.
Quote by blind.quardian
I dont have much money. I dont have that amp in my country.

if you said that instead of commenting that it isn't metal enough..

oh hell, anyway, if you need QUIET I'd suppose either getting a cube 15 (which has a switch to go to 2 watt) or getting a pair of headphones and using those with a 15/30 watt amp of your choise (with an headphone out)
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Dude, you've started over 120 threads, and you mean to tell me that your questions haven't been answered in any of them? I have to assume that at least 30 are in this forum.

Here's a list of amps that will make you happy. If you can't get them, then we can't help you.
Peavey Vypyr
Roland Cube
Peavey Rage
Peavey Bandit

as I said in the last thread...it seems that you're just doing whatever you want and expecting UG to fix it. You sold a POD because you said you didn't need it, and now you're essentially asking for it back.

This is getting old. Fast.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Slicer666
if you said that instead of commenting that it isn't metal enough..

oh hell, anyway, if you need QUIET I'd suppose either getting a cube 15 (which has a switch to go to 2 watt) or getting a pair of headphones and using those with a 15/30 watt amp of your choise (with an headphone out)

Well ive been telling from the start that i didnt want a tube amp and i didnt have much options either in my country. I used roland equipment and as you can see i wasnt happy with it.

Damn why this forum has to advice anything you dont want to buy? Cube 15 is a stupid amp ive tried it. not much amp models no effects. Ive tried a ss amp with metal muff and it was muchh better so why people think that rolands are the best thing ever happened in the practice amp history...
Quote by theoreticmusic

Here's a list of amps that will make you happy. If you can't get them, then we can't help you.
Peavey Vypyr
Roland Cube
Peavey Rage
Peavey Bandit

essentially my list, but I think that the peavy's might be too loud without headphones (that's why I put the cube forward )
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Dude, you've started over 120 threads, and you mean to tell me that your questions haven't been answered in any of them? I have to assume that at least 30 are in this forum.

Peavey Vypyr
Roland Cube
Peavey Rage
Peavey Bandit

as I said in the last thread...it seems that you're just doing whatever you want and expecting UG to fix it. You sold a POD because you said you didn't need it, and now you're essentially asking for it back.

This is getting old. Fast.

Damn yes ive opened thousands of threads but every of them got fcked up because no one seemed to help really and they just think a roland cube 15 is the best amp ever.

I SAID I DIDNT WANT A DIGITAL AMP WHAT TH FCK IS WRONG WITH THIS FORUM
Last edited by blind.quardian at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by blind.quardian
Well ive been telling from the start that i didnt want a tube amp and i didnt have much options either in my country. I used roland equipment and as you can see i wasnt happy with it.

Damn why this forum has to advice anything you dont want to buy? Cube 15 is a stupid amp ive tried it. not much amp models no effects. Ive tried a ss amp with metal muff and it was muchh better so why people think that rolands are the best thing ever happened in the practice amp history...

if it's that much better, get that SS amp and the muff, problem solved. And roland gear is pretty good, especially for the price.

also, if you don't have enough money now, then just save up abit more like most of us do.

also, this might just be my opinion, but I think that whatever you're gonna buy will be a step down from the Live Pod, honestly if you would've fiddled with it abit more it's supposedly great.

EDIT: and NO, we DO NOT think the cube 15 is the best amp ever, but for a cheap budget it's one of the most versatile ones with better overall quality. if you don't like it, fine, but lots of people are satisfied with em (including me) so I suppose that this is just a matter of taste
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Mar 3, 2009,
Quote by blind.quardian
Damn yes ive opened thousands of threads but every of them got fcked up because no one seemed to help really and they just think a roland cube 15 is the best amp ever.

Because the motherf*cking thing that you are motherf*cking describing for the goddamn price that you want is a MODELING AMP.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Because the motherf*cking thing that you are motherf*cking describing for the goddamn price that you want is a MODELING AMP.

no, he want a SS amp (aka a modeling but he just doesn't know it yet)

dude, I've said it in my last post, if the SS amp you tried with the muff was so much better, then get that (tbh it'll probably be a step down from your pod XT live but meh)
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by blind.quardian

you dont know what you are talking about, that much is obvious
all the suggestions so far are legitimate, you are just a fool
try the peavey vypyr 15, it has "more effects" than you can ever use, and is "metal" enough
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Did I say "i want a versatile amp that i can play rock clean metal blues and also it would be great to have some bunch of effects" ???

No i just said i want to play metal
I said i tried digital modelling amps before
I said i didnt like them because the high note response was really ****ty compared to a same prices ss amp

So what the fck am i doing wrong . I asked for a ss amp and a distortion pedal advice not for a pod xt live not for a modelling amp.
Quote by blind.quardian

So if you know so much why are you asking?

Troll
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Holy-Diver
you dont know what you are talking about, that much is obvious
all the suggestions so far are legitimate, you are just a fool
try the peavey vypyr 15, it has "more effects" than you can ever use, and is "metal" enough

There is no peavey vypyr in my country.....

Also i asked in a thread if it was good and people were not sure about its reliability.
excuse the caps, but...

DUDE

GET THAT SS AMP YOU LIKE, WITH THE MUFF YOU SAID YOU LIKED, AND THE PROBLEMS SOLVED.

again, there's tons of metal players who think that the XT live is great so meh....
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Yeah, and all the CHEAP ss amps are MODELERS. Notice that I suggested a Peavey Rage? Not digital. Not modeling. Get a distortion pedal. An MT-2, if it makes you happy. But nothing anybody says here is going to make you happy, so you might as well give up.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Lurcher
So if you know so much why are you asking?

Troll

Well you couldnt stand there and watch your someone making bad reviews about your amp right?
Quote by blind.quardian
Well you couldnt stand there and watch your someone making bad reviews about your amp right?

allright, quit the ****ing flamin (everyone, including myself)

some people love the cube, some don't give two ****s, some hate it.

thats' life, get over it. for me the high notes are plenty responsive enough, but if they aren't for you maybe upgrade guitar/pickups next instead of throwing away a pod
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by blind.quardian
Ive tried a ss amp with metal muff and it was muchh better

get this, I'm saying for the so maniest time, and the problems solved.

Period.

now, someone be sensible and lock this unless some cruel and evil god wants the useless ranting to continue.
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Well if it was because of the pickups i would upgrade it but i could tap like a machine gun with an ibanez ss amp. and anyway i dont like the cube maybe i can get a vypyr but we dont have it in our country so i would have to buy it from somewhere else. Is it worth it? is it better than the other modellers? if so i can buy one instead of a ss amp and pedal.
if you dont want people to give you good advice, then dont ask
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by blind.quardian
Well if it was because of the pickups i would upgrade it but i could tap like a machine gun with an ibanez ss amp. and anyway i dont like the cube maybe i can get a vypyr but we dont have it in our country so i would have to buy it from somewhere else. Is it worth it? is it better than the other modellers? if so i can buy one instead of a ss amp and pedal.

thank you for the change of tone, much appreciated

and yes, I think there's probably some online stores which ship world wide, and maybe you can find some clips on youtube on how the vypyr sounds. it's plenty loud for what I've heard though....
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Holy-Diver
if you dont want people to give you good advice, then dont ask

Its not the problem. I put some restrictions in my question and told them why but people still insist on that. thats what im angry at. i want people to give advice but its just like they are doing something else.
Quote by Slicer666

and yes, I think there's probably some online stores which ship world wide, and maybe you can find some clips on youtube on how the vypyr sounds. it's plenty loud for what I've heard though....

I can use it with headphones. Ive searched youtube but there arent many good videos since its a new product but i will look at it again.
Quote by Slicer666

I'm just gonna keep on quoting this untill people are sick of flaming...

and ok, I'll see if I can find more vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pRJpPcyCKI
Quote by Demonikk
I don't do things small

Except children.
no, the problem is you think you know what you want, and you want people to suggest that to you. you dont want to hear other suggestions. the vypyr is your best bet. it gets great metal tones.
that is all i have to say
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Page 1 of 2